DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's your favorite thing about the Mavic?

WilliamG

Reactions
For me, it has to be putting it into sport mode, and pushing up on BOTH sticks, from a low height. It leans forward and reaches for the stars. Definitely a crowd-pleaser.

Second favorite thing? When you're screaming forward in sport mode at full tilt, and then slam back on that right stick. It reminds me of a cartoon character skidding to a halt as it leans back. And it looks... SO... AWESOME in the air, especially if the Mavic is traveling laterally in front of you (side-on).

Reactions: kakao
Not being stopped at airports anymore. The mavic bag just looks like any regular camera bag.

For me, it has to be putting it into sport mode, and pushing up on BOTH sticks, from a low height. It leans forward and reaches for the stars. Definitely a crowd-pleaser.

Second favorite thing? When you're screaming forward in sport mode at full tilt, and then slam back on that right stick. It reminds me of a cartoon character skidding to a halt as it leans back. And it looks... SO... AWESOME in the air, especially if the Mavic is traveling laterally in front of you (side-on).

You have not used the PAUSE button for real mid air stoppage from Sport Mode. You have not lived grasshopper

Reactions: maven4336
The portability really is fabulous. If your drone isn’t with you, then there’s no point having it. Mavic is brilliant in this regard.

Portability of course!! When Im riding my bike, climbing mountains by feet or with skis , filming friends riding, when I go to work...mavic is always in my bag ... Who knows, maybe a wonderful landscape can be everywhere!

Also the range and capability are simply outstanding!

I still not had any regret about spent all this money... :)

Reactions: Skyroam
When you're screaming forward in sport mode at full tilt, and then slam back on that right stick. It reminds me of a cartoon character skidding to a halt as it leans back.
Sure that is fun.
However, I have to warn you. Some pilots reported here that by frequently doing that (for fun), the locks on the back arms gave in and became damaged to such an extend, that the back props were actually scratching the rear body. You can easily crash and total your bird in flight that way.

The Mavic is a camera platform in the first place and not a sports racer. Although it is agile and fast in sports mode, that is only to help in situations when it is actually needed.

I also have an Inspire1. Now that's a beast when you do a full stop. The sound it makes doing that is breathtaking and always scares the hell out of bystanders. The Inspire1 and 2 can take all of that easily and safely.

Unfortunately the Mavic's folding arms (portability is the most important Mavic feature for me) come with a price. It is the least stress resistant design DJI ever made.

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
Portability is it's best feature. It fits in my camelbak while riding and it goes with me on international trips easily.

Reactions: Skyroam
Sure that is fun.
However, I have to warn you. Some pilots reported here that by frequently doing that (for fun), the locks on the back arms gave in and became damaged to such an extend, that the back props were actually scratching the rear body. You can easily crash and total your bird in flight that way.

The Mavic is a camera platform in the first place and not a sports racer. Although it is agile and fast in sports mode, that is only to help in situations when it is actually needed.

I also have an Inspire1. Now that's a beast when you do a full stop. The sound it makes doing that is breathtaking and always scares the **** out of bystanders. The Inspire1 and 2 can take all of that easily and safely.

Unfortunately the Mavic's folding arms (portability is the most important Mavic feature for me) come with a price. It is the least stress resistant design DJI ever made.

Do you have a link to such reports? I haven’t seen them...

There is a post or two on the forum that indicate lots of jamming to a stop in Sports Mode will break the piece that stops the rear arms from moving too far vertically.
From what I can tell this damage is not wide spread and most often happens on hard descents while turning.

The PAUSE button will bring the Mavic to an even more abrupt stop that slamming the right stick backwards while at full forward motion. The Mavic gets almost horizontal as if it hit and invisible wall.

There is a post or two on the forum that indicate lots of jamming to a stop in Sports Mode will break the piece that stops the rear arms from moving too far vertically.
From what I can tell this damage is not wide spread and most often happens on hard descents while turning.

The PAUSE button will bring the Mavic to an even more abrupt stop that slamming the right stick backwards while at full forward motion. The Mavic gets almost horizontal as if it hit and invisible wall.

Wowzers. That sounds amazing. Must...try....it. Not going to let a post or two deter me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929