DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When I grow up I want to be able to shoot video like this!

IShouldBeWorking

Reactions
So I just got introduced to Gab Scanu, an amazing Australian drone cinematographer, via the latest Golden Hour podcast, and I'm seriously inspired. Check out what he filmed in Saudi Arabia with a Mavic Air:

Maybe after a few more thousand hours of practice, I can put something that beautiful together.

Beautiful work I wish I could edit half as good

So I just got introduced to Gab Scanu, an amazing Australian drone cinematographer, via the latest Golden Hour podcast, and I'm seriously inspired. Check out what he filmed in Saudi Arabia with a Mavic Air:

Maybe after a few more thousand hours of practice, I can put something that beautiful together.
Pretty incredible. I’m just back from Iceland and will be posting pics and videos soon. But it will be nothing like the video this guy shot. Oh, how did the guy get to the top of that mountain where he was standing almost on top of a needle tip?

Beautiful, and good music choice.

Wonderful, wish the dji go4 app had those capabilities great job loved watching that masterpiece. Very inspired to shoot in my Canada trip soon... I just hope it turns out half as good

Pretty incredible. I’m just back from Iceland and will be posting pics and videos soon. But it will be nothing like the video this guy shot. Oh, how did the guy get to the top of that mountain where he was standing almost on top of a needle tip?
Helo

Absolutely amazing, so beautiful. A photographers dream.

mmmmmmmmmmm Something to aim for. Fabulous in every respect

Wonderful !!! We have a great canvas here in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia - Canada as well - took me about 10 months to get good at flying - this is a clip I took last summer 2018 - had to get to three locations to get it all - still nothing compared to yours - way up in the Margaree Valley:

Reactions: IShouldBeWorking
Beautiful stuff but to me it’s all in the editing and scenery

It's really a very nice video.

Wonderful, wish the dji go4 app had those capabilities

What capabilities? How do you know the pilot didn't use GO4?

You can't make a video like that during the flight / shoot, in-camera using just the controller app. It's all about taking a lot of raw footage and doing a lot of good editing and color grading in post production.

Chris

I liked the one rock that looked like a huge elephant . As far as the hill he was standing on it did not look that hard to climb

filming and editing always goes hand in hand. This videos shows awesome skills in both. Thanks for sharing.

Beautiful cinematography, extraordinary balance of contrast, rich colors without garish saturation, and simple drone maneuvers to keep the light right.

Certainly showcases what a DJI drone can do in the right hands, both in camera and post.

It may be that if we focus on simple shots, at the right light of day, we too can improve our cinematography, and give ourselves a greater chance of success in post, an art form in and of itself.

Be prepared. We may only get one shot, and the light is gone, until tomorrow...unless it rains. Weather can be a PITA.

Protect your highlights!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje