DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When I push RETURN TO HOME THE sensors go all red

Standuptommy

Reactions
I received my Mavic pro 2 yesterday from DJI refresh. I noticed that when I push return to home that once it starts to come down the sensors all turn red. I have been with Mavic 2 Pro for 2 years and never ever noticed that. I called and 2 different techs said it's not normal and advised to refresh the software and redo the IMU and Compass but before I did that I called a 3rd time and the girl talked to a Senior Tech who said that is normal when landing. I know in the past that when I was landing sometimes the drone says UNSUITABLE TO LAND. SO there must be something watching out. Also, I noticed that this new unit does not hit the pad. In the past for the most part I've always landed on the pad when return to home is engaged. On the pad or close by give or take 5 or so feet. This drone could be up to 10 plus yards away. I've only flown it twice and it's all good but I am wondering what's up with these 2 things. Please weigh in if you know for sure the answers. Thank You.

I would definitely recalibrate the compass and IMU if you have not done so. Do you use the precision take off and land function? Or at least hover after takeoff until it says it has updated the homepoint?
I have never had my M2Pro land 5 ft away, maybe on the edge of my 3 ft pad.

What is precision take off? In all my studies I've never heard of that. Interesting. Please let me know. The day I got the drone and was doing testing to make sure the Refresh was in good order I did the compass twice and the IMU once. I'm going out today and I'll try em both again. Thank you. Tom

What is precision take off? In all my studies I've never heard of that. Interesting. Please let me know. The day I got the drone and was doing testing to make sure the Refresh was in good order I did the compass twice and the IMU once. I'm going out today and I'll try em both again. Thank you. Tom
The Idea is that the drone goes up and takes a Picture of the Take off spot which gives it a more exact spot to land, sometimes it works perfect other times its off..

At one time when I was trying to create an Automation for a take off from a boat , from a remote take off 1500 ft away , i thought it might be useful to land back on the boat since it was docked in the exact same spot.

What you learn is that's it not an exact science as you cannot rely on it but like anything else its a nice Guide . More updates will come to make it more reliable in the future.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Last edited:
the term is actually "precision landing", page 19 of the manual. Next time I fly I will try to think on and check the LED colours.
Are you, by any chance, stopping video recording just prior to landing with the front LEDs set to switch off when recording?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom