DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When in a Point of Interest the gimbal custom settings are not effective , still not corrected. Why ?

KONY

Reactions
Hi,

With MAVIC PRO 1 if you fly with one of the intelligent flight modes like Point of Interest for instance, whatever gimbal settings you have choosen to smooth out the gimbal movements would automatically apply.

With MAVIC 2 PRO this is not the case... so basically when i use Point of Interest (which i use a lot) i cannot tilt the camera up and down using the wheel otherwise the movement is very brutal since it uses default settings instead of my customised seetings

why DJI decided to change this compared to MAVIC 1...and for the worst

when i first got my MAVIC 2 last august, i thought it was just a bug which would be corrected with firmwares updates, but as i see, it's still not effective...

There is a simple explanation why this works the way it does. The original point of interest only management the movement of the craft. It was also pain in the bottom to set up wasting valuable time. Now the new point of interest is set by selecting an area on in view of the camera that the craft as well as gimbal will follow. It means that if you fly away or towards your subject the gimbal will adjust its position to keep the chosen subject framed. I know your pain in a way that I would also like to select an option where only the craft movement is involved and gimbal movement is entirely up to me. Someone should email DJI and suggest that to be included in an update.

Ok thank you for your answer. That makes sense.

But sometimes I want to rely on the smoothness of the point of interest to reframe on something else just to realize the default movement of the wheel is way to fast.

And I believe that the de-activation of the custom settings of the wheel also happen in some other intelligent flights other than point of interest... But I'll have to double check that

Ah really ? I didn't know that

Thanx for letting me know.

Is that an option available from the same interface menu ? Never saw it before, will check

Will also see if the tilt wheel keeps my customs setting that way

Ah really ? I didn't know that

Thanx for letting me know.

Is that an option available from the same interface menu ? Never saw it before, will check

Will also see if the tilt wheel keeps my customs setting that way
I also didn't notice this as an option. I will have to check it out.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803