DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When is the weather too bad to fly?

PalmettoAerial

Reactions
just curious when/what weather other drone owners deem too bad for flight.

Obviously rain is a no go, but what about fog/ "extreme" wind / how cold is too cold.

Living in the south with the excessive summer humidity prompted the question. There are days when the rain has come & gone but it still feels like a sauna outside ...

Also - same question for the cold. If I take the drone out west and get footage of the Rockies when is my cutoff in terms of temp and weather conditions?

I'm in Florida as well, so I've looked into this.

I usually won't a lot if it's over 90* - maybe just a 5 minute test or something. So this time of year, my serious flying is morning or evening. (I know people fly in the high 90's all the time, I just think the heat isn't good for the system and causes a lot of stress.)

Extreme cold will shorten your battery by 25-35 percent (at least), but other than that it's OK (just make sure you let your AC warm up a little like you do your car).

Wind is something you need to use common sense with, esp. if you are flying back home against the wind with a low battery! Be smart.

MicroDrone makes a bird that can fly in heavy wind, rain. and heat. Of course it costs 5 figures... :-(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anchorhavasu