DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When to replace the motors on Mavic Air

marchos77

Reactions
Looking to know when it would be a good idea to replace the motors on the Mavic Air. I don't want to wait until I have a failure of a motor to replace because it usually means a new Drone by that time. Anyways, curious to know if anyone has ever had an issue with a motor failure and how long it took to fail.

if the motors are cleaned as part of your maintenance on a regular basis and have not suffered any damage from colliding with another object ,then there is no reason that they would ever need changing ,the only things that could wear are the bearings ,

Reactions: dawgpilot
Looking to know when it would be a good idea to replace the motors on the Mavic Air. I don't want to wait until I have a failure of a motor to replace because it usually means a new Drone by that time. Anyways, curious to know if anyone has ever had an issue with a motor failure and how long it took to fail.
The motors would possibly be the last parts to wear out.
Brushless motors are very reliable and maintenance free and will last for tens of thousands of hours.
I've never heard of anyone wearing out their motors.

I know the owner of one of South Africa’s largest DJI dealers, he told me that he had bought a stock of Mavic 2 motors to ensure he could replace faulty units. He says he’s never had cause to do so where a crash wasn’t involved.

Avoid crashes (yeah great advice I know), keep dirt, grass and sand etc out of the motors by using a landing pad
Check motors for smooth rotation - compare them against each other for an odd one out
Be gentle when replacing props
The motors are really simple inside and the bearings are about all that can be damaged

Its the propellers that are the real worry
Non genuine, nicked or cut, incorrectly fitted they can break or fly off and have done so at 10K rpm - see the diagnoses in flyaway's and crashes forum
In my case the shoulder bag for the MA1 can bend the props causing them to be ineffective
All of these will cause a drone to tumble out of the sky
Make prop fit and inspection a part of your pre flight routine

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo