DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When will the remote ID and nighttime ops rules be incorporated into the 107 Knowledge Test?

RogerH

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I'm scheduled to go take the 107 Knowledge Test for the first time on Friday (1/15/2021). Will any of the new rules regarding remote ID and nighttime flying that were announced recently be added to the test by then? Or does anyone know when to expect them if not?

Also if not, thoughts on if it would it be worth delaying the test until they are? I'm particularly interested in being allowed easier nighttime flying. Maybe we'll be able to just take a smaller version of the test to certify directly for that?

Thanks!
Roger

Most likely included in test revision(s) just prior or just after implementation. I’m sure FAA and PSI are already thinking about it. Most likely, the testing for recreational pilot will also finally be implemented at that time as well. But then again, FAA is government. . . Remember, “Hi, we’re from the government and we’re here to help!

I'm scheduled to go take the 107 Knowledge Test for the first time on Friday (1/15/2021). Will any of the new rules regarding remote ID and nighttime flying that were announced recently be added to the test by then? Or does anyone know when to expect them if not?

Also if not, thoughts on if it would it be worth delaying the test until they are? I'm particularly interested in being allowed easier nighttime flying. Maybe we'll be able to just take a smaller version of the test to certify directly for that?

Thanks!
Roger
March 1, 2021

Reactions: RogerH
And if you took the test prior to March 1st you only need to take the nighttime training available starting March 1st.

The rule itself though doesn't go into effect until March 16th.

Reactions: RogerH
Most likely included in test revision(s) just prior or just after implementation. I’m sure FAA and PSI are already thinking about it. Most likely, the testing for recreational pilot will also finally be implemented at that time as well. But then again, FAA is government. . . Remember, “Hi, we’re from the government and we’re here to help!
You were absolutely correct. None of the new material was on there. I reached out to others who didn't think the topics would be on there for another 6 months. And I passed the test! :) Thanks again for the reassurance.

Roger

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura