DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When would ND filters be available?

jonatious

Reactions
I went for the standard drone package since I did not want the $300 DJI bag. Now I need to buy ND filters separately. DJI ND filters are not available yet, but might be available soon.

I wanted to go for third party ND filters like PolarPro. This is my first time buying a drone at launch. Can anyone who purchased previous drones at launch comment on around after how many weeks third party filters come up for sale?

No circular polarizers with those odd shaped camera housings?

Nice. Yea I couldn’t understand why people were saying no CPL on the M3. If you could put CPLs on the M2Pro why would it be an issue on the M3
Yes you could design a CPL for M3, but it is not going to an elegant solution like the one for M2.

I had PolarPro CPL for my Mavic 2 Pro. It is relatively lightweight, and its size is no bigger than the lens itself, which is a perfect fit.

Now take another look at PGYTech's CPL design - that is one gigantic filter, and PGYTech has to come up with this size to accommodate two lens. The CPL is even bigger than the camera module, which not only adds extra weight (CPL is two piece of glasses combined), potentially cause gimbal to overload, it also incurs extra wind resistance during flight, which impact the total flight time.

Last edited:
Yes you could design a CPL for M3, but it is not going to an elegant solution like the one for M2.

I had PolarPro CPL for my Mavic 2 Pro. It is relatively lightweight, and its size is no bigger than the lens itself, which is a perfect fit.

Now take another look at PGYTech's CPL design - that is one gigantic filter, and PGYTech has to come up with this size to accommodate two lens. The CPL is even bigger than the camera module, which not only adds extra weight (CPL is two piece of glasses combined), potentially cause gimbal to overload, it also incurs extra wind resistance during flight, which impact the total flight time.
I think you may be overthinking it. Its barely wider than the camera module if at all, the camera is already flat in the front, and a CPL is only one piece of glass. A VND filter is what has two glass elements.

Reactions: merak75
I forgot to add that the CPL filter weighs between 3-5 grams but the wide angle lens adapter weights 15 grams so weight isn’t an issue either.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS