DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where are you locating your FAA numbers on your Mavic? (Inside or out)

CactusJackSlade

Reactions
Just curious....

They can certainly be inside the battery compartment as per FAA rules... but I prefer mine outside and visible, also have phone # and "Reward if Found"

I also added some bright yellow to the front legs and canopy nose area for easier orientation.

Attachments

• MavicProYellow.jpg
    MavicProYellow.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 306
On the top, inside, on each battery and on the controller. The label includes my name, address, phone number, issue date, expire date and FAA Registration Certificate Number. Annal enough for you? Oh, and I'll soon be adding it inside and outside of the carrying case.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I placed my label inside the battery compartment.

Reactions: Andrew F
On the top, inside, on each battery and on the controller. The label includes my name, address, phone number, issue date, expire date and FAA Registration Certificate Number. Annal enough for you? Oh, and I'll soon be adding it inside and outside of the carrying case.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Is the issue/expire date really necessary? Surely anyone needing to look up the reg. will get that info anyway. Just asking :)

I placed a label inside battery compartment and another on the back of the Mavic. Why 2? I have no idea, but I have my telephone number listed under registration.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Inside the battery compartment.

Is there a reason to label vs. using a sharpie? What labels are you guys using?

With my P1 and P3A I just tattoed it on the bird, but I guess that poses a problem if you are planning on ever selling it?

Is the issue/expire date really necessary? Surely anyone needing to look up the reg. will get that info anyway. Just asking :)

Completely up to you.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

With my P1 and P3A I just tattoed it on the bird, but I guess that poses a problem if you are planning on ever selling it?
I have it on a piece of masking tape inside the battery compartment.

I put mine right next to the SD card slot

I put the FAA number label inside the battery compartment and the label "Reward if Returned" with a phone number on the side of the body.

Thanks guys! I will try some pink (black) tape that I can write on.. seems good enough for now.

I printed a tiny label and put above the light panel on the rear of the Mavic

Sent from my SM-G935V using MavicPilots mobile app

I printed and extra copy of my FAA license. Cut out the FAA number.. laminated it and taped it on the inside of batter compartment. If I ever sell the drone I can remove it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada