DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where are you placing you FAA number on your Mavic ?

scott rand

Reactions
Just a simple question. I bought some FAA stickers months agao, and I'm wondering where I will be placing the sticker. Where do you put your FAA number on your Mavic (if you do it, some people don't care about registering).

Behind the battery, so I dont cover any of the text under the battery.

I affixed mine in the back of the battery compartment.

I put my FAA number on both sides of the body. Reward if found with my cell number on the back by the tail light. I use yellow Brother P-touch labeling tape.

I put mine on the back edge of the battery compartment.

I've contemplated putting a "reward if found" with my phone number somewhere on it too, but I have mixed feelings about that. If it crash lands in a field somewhere and someone finds it, great!! Call me and I'll come give you a reward and pick it up. But if it crashes onto the hood of someone's Mercedes....I may not want them to call me! LOL

I put mine on the back edge of the battery compartment.

I've contemplated putting a "reward if found" with my phone number somewhere on it too, but I have mixed feelings about that. If it crash lands in a field somewhere and someone finds it, great!! Call me and I'll come give you a reward and pick it up. But if it crashes onto the hood of someone's Mercedes....I may not want them to call me! LOL

I was thinking similar to you, but decided the "reward if found" is a good idea.

If your drone crashes on the hood of someone's Mercedes, they will see your FAA UAS number and you will be tracked down. You'll end up with a bigger headache dealing with the authorities. If you put your phone number on there, you'll come out better with just getting grief from the owner and offering to pay for the damages. Another option would be to put nothing at all including the FAA UAS #. That would mean even bigger trouble than I would want to deal with if caught. I figure you would get caught from the serial number and dji registration of the drone.

You are correct, as the drone is registered with DJI and they have all of your contact information it would be simple for Law enforcement to request and get that info. Just don't crash onro a Mercedes, pick a Ford. :)

Reactions: Big Jon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S