DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where can I buy Mavic pro zoom front legs?I just want the legs, not the arms.

magicskagit

Reactions
I have searched,searched and SEARCHED for Mavic 2 zoom legs. Can someone please point me to right place to buy the legs? I have been searching for a month and am hitting dead ends..I am thinking I may need to order from China, but from where?

As you probably found, the arms come as an assembly, motor, arm, leg. Inside those legs are antennas, with coax that runs through the arm and into the chassis with the wires from the motors and LED assembly. For that reason, you will not find the legs alone. BTW, the arm assembly is reasonably priced at around $37, last I bought them.

Thanks a lot, bumper. Wasn't sure if I would get "Marco Mavic" back in the air. Would you suggest I put the entire arms on or take legs off new arms and install them? Watched a youtube video of replacing arms and it spooks me to have to do the soldering. I don't wanna mess up any circuit boards.

Thanks a lot, bumper. Wasn't sure if I would get "Marco Mavic" back in the air. Would you suggest I put the entire arms on or take legs off new arms and install them? Watched a youtube video of replacing arms and it spooks me to have to do the soldering. I don't wanna mess up any circuit boards.

Install the legs as an assembly, you can't hardly do otherwise without a lot of unnecessary work, as the very thin coaxial antenna wires and fittings would not pull out of the legs without first un-soldering them.

Just a word of caution when approaching this as a DIY project. To do so properly, it requires the right tools 40 to 60 watt pencil iron (or an adjustable soldering station), solder sucker (to remove old solder), and requisite small tools like soldering aid (to hold wire down on circuit board pad so it doesn't move and give you a cold solder joint - evidenced by frosted appearance), and more.

One of the sponsors here, DJI Drone Service - Your Drone Repair Shop , has a good reputation. I haven't used them as I repaired my own - but, I've been in electronics since before it was invented . . . well, maybe not, but more than 57 years anyway. :c)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jridout