DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where did you buy yours?

gavcuk

Reactions
Have you had to use either the retailer or DJI for after sales help or service?

About to buy so wondering how to trade off the cheapest prices vs the best customer service.

Cheapest seems to be grey import from eglobal at circa £1,000 after cashback (TopCashback). A quick google and look on TrustPilot means you need to have a strong constitution to order from them.

I see lots have used Digital Rev, still a grey import but looks like they are reliable and decent customer service. Currently they have Fly More at £1250 less £40 ish via TopCashback.

Then there are the UK based options like Maplin who would be £1300 after TopCashback.

All views welcome and much appreciated. Someone is about to get an order.

Have you had to use either the retailer or DJI for after sales help or service?

About to buy so wondering how to trade off the cheapest prices vs the best customer service.

Cheapest seems to be grey import from eglobal at circa £1,000 after cashback (TopCashback). A quick google and look on TrustPilot means you need to have a strong constitution to order from them.

I see lots have used Digital Rev, still a grey import but looks like they are reliable and decent customer service. Currently they have Fly More at £1250 less £40 ish via TopCashback.

Then there are the UK based options like Maplin who would be £1300 after TopCashback.

All views welcome and much appreciated. Someone is about to get an order.

Hi i bought it in currys. I have a shop in my town. Is not the best price, honestly is the best service thought. I had a problem with the drone (focus problem) so i just went to the shop and they gave me a new one in 10 minutes.

Reactions: gavcuk
Bought mine from Leicester Drones.
Main reasons were
  • Local to me (25 miles away) so I could go and pick it up
  • They had it in stock
  • DJI official dealer.
  • Chris, the owner., gave me plenty of advise and offered to show me how to fly/operate it. I was in too much of a hurry to play so just picked it up and took it home
  • FREE TEA OR COFFEE
I paid the standard price but this appears to be set by DJI and I know that any problems I can call him and get it sorted

Reactions: gavcuk
Can finally chip in with my story!

After having a P3A for a year I finally got my Mavic Fly More today in a service station car park!

Another forum member was selling after having ordered 2 in an attempt to get one from 2 sources.

I was reluctant to pay full price so had been searching for ways to mitigate the cost. I was tempted by eglobalcentral but the only temptation was the price. Everything else about them said "NOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Do I go to Maplin and get 4.4% TopCashback (£1300), Jessops refurbished at £1259, DigitalRev (£1210 after TopCashback), find someone eligible for DJI education discount?

Mine is a USA product but having added Care Refresh today I guess the only thing US about it is the AC plug.

One firmware update later a quick flight and a VPS calibration means I'm all set to up my drone game.

Jessops for me.Ordered November but didn't get till march.A plus point is I paid the original price of £999.After receiving all I can say is it was worth the wait.

Hi guys.... just signed up as I'm due to pick one of these up however I'm torn between several options on where to buy from.

I currently have a price match at 1275 with John Lewis which expires in a week or so. Alternatively I could go the eGlobal route but I'm heading out to the Caribbean next month and could order a basic Mavic from Amazon.com ($999), have it shipped to some friends in L.A. and have them bring it to the Caribbean as we're meeting up anyway.
Any advice or suggestions?

Is the eGlobal route a massive no-no?

To me it is too big a risk. If you ever have an issue, either with it not arriving or later, expect them to be terrible.

To me it is too big a risk. If you ever have an issue, either with it not arriving or later, expect them to be terrible.

Thanks for your quick response... I'm currently hovering over the order button as I type. Would the credit card safety net not diminish that risk somewhat? I expect once I'm into an ownership period, any warranty issues would be dealt with directly with DJI? I will be purchasing the DJI refresh package as soon as I switch on the MP wherever I end up buying from.

Do you really want that battle on your hands?

If you are in a hurry either take the risk or pay a bit more for some peace of mind.

I'd do the latter. If you had more time on your hands you might find a nearly new option. Bought a BNIB myself for £1000 but needed to be patient for the right one to come up

I'm starting to think the same.... just reading through TrustPilot regarding EGG.

I got mine a week go. Got the flymore package. Didn't look for a cheap deal as all reputable dealers were the same price. To save any hassle if ever i have a problem i just ordered from the DJI website. Couldn't fault the service. Drone arrived 3 days after i ordered it. Perfect. Sometimes saving a few quid isn't worth the gamble, especially i think when its something crammed with delicate technology. Then again i never have any luck when trying to save my £'s so maybe im just super cautious! Lol

Bought mine whilst on hols in Shanghai, China. Cheapest place to buy. Works perfectly in da UK

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada