DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where do you put your stickers on your drone?

easyheimer

Reactions
Hello everyone. I’m getting ready to get some stickers made for my Mavic Pro with my FAA registration number on it along with another one or two with contact information on it in case it gets lost so the chances of it getting returned will be high.

I’m thinking about putting the FAA sticker on the top near the front, but was wondering where you guys are putting your phone number and / or your reclaimdrone.com stickers. I don’t want to go too crazy on the top of the drone with stickers which is why I’ll probably only be putting the FAA reg number there.

It depends on the drone, but I generally attach my number on the top or side of the drone.

1575256208644.png

Reactions: easyheimer
I have my personal contact info attached to the front wall inside the battery comparment.

tag.png

Last edited:
Reactions: easyheimer
Thank you. This is where I was thinking about putting mine as well. Do you notice any issues with the battery not clicking in securely with that in there?
No problem at all but the sticker is paper thin. An embossed label may be a problem.
I lucked out. The wife has one of these laying around.
Amazon.com : Brother PT85 P-Touch Home and Hobby Labeler : Electronic Label Printers : Electronics

EDIT: If anyone is looking for something like this, this one is much more affordable...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J3WQ360/ref=psdc_226180_t1_B00000J4WG

Mine is a printed sticker on top, near front. FAA number, my phone number and offer of reward if found. On the outside in plain view, in case the finder knows nothing about taking a battery off. It is covered with a layer of shipping tape for weather and wear protection.

In case anyone is not aware, it's OK to have your personal info exclusively in the battery compartment, but your FAA number has to be somewhere on the outside. First responders lobbied that they were concerned about booby traps. Before then it was allowed anywhere not requiring tools to access.

What isn't specified (yet) is how big the lettering needs to be.

Reactions: buddb55
I have a label printer so already had a sticker with my contact number on one of the legs so I put my Op number on the opposite one.

It depends on the drone, but I generally attach my number on the top or side of the drone.

View attachment 87066

This looks really nice. Do you mind me asking where you got these printed? Are they clear? I’d like to get it in the silver accent color that’s on the Onyx black. I’ll probably put it in the same spot too on my Mavic Air.

Reactions: Harold Morgan
Do you mind me asking where you got these printed? Are they clear?
I cut them out of vinyl. Each letter/number is a separate vinyl decal. They come attached to a clear piece of transfer tape so you can easily apply the decal. See more details in my store here.

This is where I affixed mine. Two spots, so no matter how the drone is oriented when found by someone other than me, the number can be plainly seen.

Attachments

• IMG_7402.jpg
    IMG_7402.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7403.jpg
    IMG_7403.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 34
Reactions: msinger
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics