DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where does it fit?

THE WOMBLE

Reactions
I had to do some repair work on my Mavic 2 Zoom drone which required removing the upper and lower shell cases. On completion, I found a small rubber washer on the workbench. Looks like it is used to hold something in place. It is made from rubber, just under 10mm wide and just under 2mm thick, and the hole in the middle is about 2-3mm. I took the drone to bits again looking where this washer fitted but no luck. Assembled again, test flew and all appears to be working 100%.
Is there anyone out there who knows where it goes/fits. Thanking in anticipation.

Attachments

• #1.jpg
    #1.jpg
    788.3 KB · Views: 3
  • #2.jpg
    #2.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 2
  • #3.jpg
    #3.jpg
    782.5 KB · Views: 3
  • #4.JPG
    #4.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 3
It's probably a thrust washer that fits between the top of a front arm and the drone's shell. If so it sits in a very slight recess in the top of the arm. Incidentally if you think it is then I remember a post/s on here or the DJI forum that say/said, position the arm at the tipping point between spring open and closed, it makes removing and refitting the actual pivot much easier.
I have also seen something similar said in a youtube.
If, whilst out of the drone, the actual pivot springs to the open or closed position reset it to the tipping point prior to refitting it. I put the pivot in the arm and twisted the base with pliers to do that.
I had that washer as a left over part too, whoops.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saladshooter
Many thanks to the YORKSHIRE _PUD. I noticed the recess and did not think there was enough room to fit. My mistake. Will dismantle it again and fit it this weekend. Once again THANKS.

Its only a couple of minutes work, all you need to do is remove the pivot, ease the arm out of the shell slightly, refit the washer, refit the arm, check the washer is still in place and if so refit the pivot. It is not necessary to dismantle anything else to do it. The spigot on the top of the pivot goes through the hole in the washer.
The problem I had was holding the arm in place whilst turning the drone over to refit the pivot.
It has just occurred to me that it might make things easier to initially refit the arm in the closed position then pop a matchstick through the arm and washer etc to keep everything in place, turn the drone over, reposition the arm to the tipping point, remove the matchstick and refit the pivot. Obviously I haven't tried that myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saladshooter
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair