DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where/how to learn to fly?

ilovemyheckler

Reactions
I am new to drones and have recently bought a Mavic pro.
I have flown it a couple of times (take off's landings, left, right, forwards, backwards, squares etc.) but how do I learn to fly it properly?

I haven't got round to taking photographs/videos yet

Is it just practice, practice, practice?

Thanks

Indeed it is, just keep practicing and watch a view YouTube videos on taking videos and photos with it, all comes with experience and flight time!

I went and stood in a field for a few days in beginner mode, until I was brave enough to venture out of that mode :)

I understand where you're coming from. Before I got my Mavic I downloaded Airmaps to see open areas in my city that I would be able to fly in with no problem. Luckily I found a park, so when I got the Mavic I had no problem flying it around in beginner mode and on top of that, I met a cool friend who was flying his Yuneec.:D

Yep. Find you a ball field and fly out all your batteries...if you've got more than one...which I would recommend you do.

One up and done for another hour to recharge will quickly burn you out. You just need flight time. Get up and keep moving.

You could also look into getting one of those cheapies from the mall or Amazon....like a Hubsan X4 for a good example for ~30usd.

It lacks GPS, so it forces you to do the flying. It's also small enough to fly indoors if the weather is poor. [emoji106]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929