DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where is PowerEggPilots.com?

IShouldBeWorking

Reactions
So I was doing my usual morning browse around the deal sites and saw this one on B&H Photo:

Power VisionPowerEgg Drone

Right now you can save over $700 on a PowerEgg drone! I guess I shouldn't mock, but I kind of can't help it. It looks completely ridiculous. Has anyone tried one of these? I guess it didn't really "take off" enough to warrant a site of its own. :)

Reactions: clackey
I thought they went out of business.. I was interested at first but then when I saw what was delieveried. Pass

I've been looking at the PowerEye. It is an inspire competitor...for 1200.

PowerEye certainly has a better form factor than the PowerEgg! It must have been pitched forward a whole bunch to show the blades like that. The camera hangs way low underneath the body. Makes me wonder how fast it was going.

By the way, I found some footage of a PowerEgg in flight, for those interested. It doesn't look terribly stable.

I'd love to see how it handles in the wind. ;) Anybody got $300 to blow on one just for fun?

Yeah I heard people trying to fly in the wind were not happy. Putting the camera at the end of a pendulum is not a practical design. But it is artistically pleasing.

Reactions: IShouldBeWorking
PowerEye certainly has a better form factor than the PowerEgg! It must have been pitched forward a whole bunch to show the blades like that. The camera hangs way low underneath the body. Makes me wonder how fast it was going.

By the way, I found some footage of a PowerEgg in flight, for those interested. It doesn't look terribly stable.

I'd love to see how it handles in the wind. ;) Anybody got $300 to blow on one just for fun?

In some of the videos I've seen of the PowerEye it looks like the camera can tilt up well above level. Perhaps this is how props got in the shot? With the weight of this bird I can't imagine it pitching as much as would be needed with a level camera. The one reason I won't pull the trigger for now is I can find so little about the drone (or company) except for short promo videos from the company itself and from one particular reviewer. It also is two years old at this point. Love the sensor size, but it seems to be lacking in both bandwidth and FPS options.

Besides do I really need ANOTHER drone from yet ANOTHER company? I've actually thought about liquidating some of the ones I have, but I know as soon as I sell one I'll regret it and end up rebuying it.

It looks very wobbly in the air. Don't suppose it would take would take too much to crash it and turn it into a PowerOmelette.

I didn't realise this was actually a real product instead I thought it was just for one of those dodgy clickbait links that litter so many sites these days,

Anyone think there will be a forum for these guys? I mean, any drone pilot should be able to learn from a forum made for the kind of drone he/she owns, right? Also, where's the HolyStonePilots forum? Holy Stone might be cheaper than DJI or Autel, but a lot of people have them for just that reason. I've found this forum much more informative than the official DJI forums(forum.dji.com). All I'm saying is, there should be at least two more forums on the DronePilots group. HolyStonePilots, and PowerEggPilots.

Don't think there's enough marketshare for an EggForum as Powervision is now in the submarine buisness It does however shoot 4k video and it flies (a tad annoying setup connecting the base station and wires but once set it does what its supposed to do). Also after sales support is amazing! they basically just replace after a crash (US Based Support)

They were selling well until the Mavic Mini Launch (basically killed it) i do have stock @ $300 if you want for the forum. Definitely an eye catcher and also can be used as a centerpiece on your dining room table as well o_O

Side note...@dfwblah
Hows ur egg treating you?

Don't think there's enough marketshare for an EggForum as Powervision is now in the submarine buisness It does however shoot 4k video and it flies (a tad annoying setup connecting the base station and wires but once set it does what its supposed to do).

I agree. I guess there wouldn't be much reason to put a now-submarine company for a drone forum. What about Holy Stone? They have camera drones, but they're kind of cheap; not very great quality. Still, that's a pretty popular brand.

They were selling well until the Mavic Mini Launch (basically killed it) i do have stock @ $300 if you want for the forum. Definitely an eye catcher and also can be used as a centerpiece on your dining room table as well o_O

Also, I concur with the eye-catcher idea! A friend of mine has a PowerEgg, and it looks great sitting in its stand!

FRESH INSIDER NEWS

January by CES they are announcing a PowerEgg X a gen 2 egg

can wait to see what this thing will look like

maybe there is room for an egg forum?

That might be ok... I hope the camera is a little lower - it looked like it was too high in the cavity like the egg wasn't long enough...

just announced @Ces nice egg upgrade

[
Anyone think there will be a forum for these guys? I mean, any drone pilot should be able to learn from a forum made for the kind of drone he/she owns, right? Also, where's the HolyStonePilots forum? Holy Stone might be cheaper than DJI or Autel, but a lot of people have them for just that reason. I've found this forum much more informative than the official DJI forums(forum.dji.com). All I'm saying is, there should be at least two more forums on the DronePilots group. HolyStonePilots, and PowerEggPilots.
You can find other drones here and Clackey might add the
Egg in there I can’t say. HolyStones is there though.

[

You can find other drones here and Clackey might add the
Egg in there I can’t say. HolyStones is there though.
Thanks!

Reactions: dirkclod
@clackey
Can u please add the egg here instead of a different forum?
We still have the original one in stock and can run an exclusive forum egg price on the new release (already running the original for a forum only price)
Thanks

Don't think there's enough marketshare for an EggForum as Powervision is now in the submarine buisness It does however shoot 4k video and it flies (a tad annoying setup connecting the base station and wires but once set it does what its supposed to do). Also after sales support is amazing! they basically just replace after a crash (US Based Support)

Side note...@dfwblah
Hows ur egg treating you?

Well, thank you. It's so different than the Mavics to fly (admittedly a bit more challenging but that's the fun). And between the looks you get flying it and just having it sit out at home...well worth it!

Reactions: DDS
Ya, not sure there are enough power egg pilots to justify its own forum yet. I might launch it on dronepilots.community if we see some traction.

That said, you are welcome to run a post with a discount in the general section of this site if you'd like.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej