DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where is zoom?

mattitech07

Reactions
Hi guys, I bought a mavic air 2 and updated to the newest firmware and I cant find the option to zoom.
e41799bedf52bf337ff99630dd0932ed.jpg

Click the Video button (above the Record button), pick the Video Zoom option, and then enjoy.

When you get to the video, hold the function button and use the scroll wheel for the gimbal and the camera will zoom in and out smoothly.

Reactions: MA2 317
...and the zoom is available for video only, not photography.

4x 1080p, 2x other formats.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I didn't even know the Mavic Air 2 has Zoom!!!

You must be the only one in the world that missed the update :p Firmware V01.00.0340 released early Aug gave zoom capability..and in case you missed it. The DJI Smart Controller Firmware was released today so it works with MA2 now. It has a dedicated scroll wheel for zoom on the M2Z so I hope that they make use of it on the Air 2. :)

You must be the only one in the world that missed the update :p Firmware V01.00.0340 released early Aug gave zoom capability..and in case you missed it. The DJI Smart Controller Firmware was released today so it works with MA2 now. It has a dedicated scroll wheel for zoom on the M2Z so I hope that they make use of it on the Air 2. :)
WHAT!! Why am I always in the dark about these technology improvements? How does that even work though? Do you mean to say that the Air 2 has had a zoom lens all this time and DJI never said anything about it or is it artificial zoom?

WHAT!! Why am I always in the dark about these technology improvements? How does that even work though? Do you mean to say that the Air 2 has had a zoom lens all this time and DJI never said anything about it or is it artificial zoom?

Digital zoom only..they crop the sensor onboard. The M2Z has 2X optical and another 2X digital in 1080 30fps :) Useful feature on both to fly much higher and use tracking and other smartshots or just more stealth.;)

Last edited:
Digital zoom only..they crop the sensor onboard. The M2Z has 2X optical and another 2X digital in 1080 30fps :) Useful feature on both to fly much higher and use tracking and other smartshots or just more stealth.;)
? That's all I can say. LOL

hi the 1x symbol that you click on to actually zoom has dissapeared off my screen.i can still zoom by holding FN and using the wheel but the actual 1x in the circle is gone.and i have tried various different shooting modes 4k 1080p etc but its just gone.
any ideas please?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka