DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where should I buy Mini 3 Pro from? (I'm in Canada)

wollins

Reactions

So looking to buy the M3P and am seeing that I can buy it (DJI RC version) direct from DJI or from either Amazon (.ca) or Best Buy here locally. However it looks like buying it directly from DJI seems to save me CDN $142 as opposed to Amazon or Best Buy. Am I missing something here ... whats the pros and / or cons to these different options? Obviously I'd like to save some coin if at all possible but not if there's something in the more affordable option that's a disadvantage in some way! Thanks in advance for your guidance!

I bought mine from Omniview Tech (same place I bought my Mavic 2, years ago). Great chaps, fast service. Authorized DJI dealer. When I bought mine it was the same price as from DJI directly.

I got both my Mini 2 and Mini 3 from Drone Shop Canada in Calgary (and Vancouver) Same price as DJI, but with someone on the phone to talk to if things go pear-shaped. Which they did. :(

Excellent service. Knowledgeable support.

These are both great suggestions, thank you! However since they BOTH charge (same prices as Best Buy and Amazon) about $142 MORE than buying it from DJI direct, I was just wondering about that? Or is it that you have to pay duty/customs from the DJI purchase thus negating the savings?

These are both great suggestions, thank you! However since they BOTH charge (same prices as Best Buy and Amazon) about $142 MORE than buying it from DJI direct, I was just wondering about that? Or is it that you have to pay duty/customs from the DJI purchase thus negating the savings?
I'm not seeing it.

Amazon.ca has the DJI Mini 3 Pro (DJI RC) Combo listed at $1,320.48 with tax and free shipping.

With the conversion of USD to CAD DJI has the same combo for $1,332 with free shipping.

Huh! My apologies ... so I'm thinking ... why didn't I see that tax in the order summary page???? Then I did another "dummy" order and again it shows no tax. So I do yet another dummy order this time using another toronto address and lo and behold ... there's the tax! Weird. I guess MY household is exempt from tax according to DJI! LOL! In any event you my friend have solved my questions/dilemma. Thanks!

I noticed dji recently started charging sales tax at least on Ontario orders. Absolutely no advantage to ordering from them now.

So looking to buy the M3P and am seeing that I can buy it (DJI RC version) direct from DJI or from either Amazon (.ca) or Best Buy here locally. However it looks like buying it directly from DJI seems to save me CDN $142 as opposed to Amazon or Best Buy. Am I missing something here ... whats the pros and / or cons to these different options? Obviously I'd like to save some coin if at all possible but not if there's something in the more affordable option that's a disadvantage in some way! Thanks in advance for your guidance!
BEST BUY - ON LINE. EASY RETRUNS IF NEEDED.

Reactions: Gareeee

All else being equal, Amazon is seamless for returns up to 30 days and usually has very quick shiping if you have Prime. BB might have it in store for instant gratification but charges 15% restocking on drones. DJI seems to require a manufacturing defect and they decide if they will refund but only within 14 days ( Return and Refund Policy | DJI Store ). Amazon wins.

I bought from BB for the instant gratification but if I had done Amazon I probably would have returned to get the old style controller. The RC with the screen has several annoying limits (no screen casting, low res screen recording, no side loading apps, probably no Litchi app support so no mission mode even if the SDK comes out, questionable urban range.)

My experience is in the US so YMMV.

In my experience buying direct from DJI is a bad idea. If anything goes wrong returning it is a nightmare, and takes ages. Buy from a local dealer (you'll get better support) or Amazon.

I’ve purchased from DJI and Amazon…I prefer DJI for tech support and return policies. If you’re out to save money buy privately, there are some good buys out there where you can save hundreds of dollars 💸 versus pondering over $10 🙃.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa