DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where to buy Batteries for the Air 2S?

JamesJB

Reactions
Was wondering where I can buy batteries for the Mavic Air 2S.

I tried the DJI they are out of stock.
I tried amazon but only seem to find OEM or they come with the charger which I don't need.

Just wondering where I can get the official battery's at in the U.S.

Does anyone know if the lack of batteries from DJI is a temporary thing? I don't have 2s so no diff to me but I have the sense that DJI abandons the production of batteries for older drones more rapidly than I would like but in truth I don't know the stats on that kind of thing. I do know that the 2s is recent enough that DJI -should be producing them IMHO.

I tried amazon but only seem to find OEM

Not sure what you mean here, as you've seemingly answered your own question? The batteries that show up in my search results on Amazon are all "official" DJI OEM (meaning non-aftermarket) batteries. There's some that are new and some that are "refreshed" (used).

And a quick google search shows them in stock at Best Buy, B&H, and several other online retailers, in addition to Amazon (where I got mine).

Reactions: Scott1961
Was wondering where I can buy batteries for the Mavic Air 2S.

I tried the DJI they are out of stock.
I tried amazon but only seem to find OEM or they come with the charger which I don't need.

I suppose some clarification is needed as OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer (not parts). Do you mean batteries produced by DJI's Manufacturer or batteries branded as DJI Batteries produced by their contract manufacturer?

Reactions: GFields
I suppose some clarification is needed as OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer (not parts). Do you mean batteries produced by DJI's Manufacturer or batteries branded as DJI Batteries produced by their contract manufacturer?
Produced by DJI,sorry thought OEM meant used or refurbished or not originals.

Not sure what you mean here, as you've seemingly answered your own question? The batteries that show up in my search results on Amazon are all "official" DJI OEM (meaning non-aftermarket) batteries. There's some that are new and some that are "refreshed" (used).

And a quick google search shows them in stock at Best Buy, B&H, and several other online retailers, in addition to Amazon (where I got mine).
Oops didn't think on trying B&H im sorry :(

My mistake,I found some at Amazon,doh. Sorry im dum :(

Batteries

What reason? All mine are as good as the ones I got with my FMC.
Never mind made a mistake,I miss read your post,thought ya meant ya only got 3 charges and that was it.

Still though,I dont like buying used stuff cause of no warranty,possible dmg,etc.

The two extra recent ones I got were from Amazon "Renewed Store", what helps in the case of the Air 2S is that the Air 2 batteries are the same thing.

Far as the Amazon Renewed store, it's the same link James posted, and covered for up to 90 days (should be more than enough time to see if there's anything obvious when you go to charge and discharge it the first few times).

The product is refurbished, fully functional, and in excellent condition. Backed by the 90-day Amazon Renewed Guarantee.​

- This pre-owned product has been professionally inspected, tested and cleaned by Amazon qualified vendors.
- This product is in "Excellent condition". The screen and body show no signs of cosmetic damage visible from 12 inches away.
- When present, batteries have a capacity that exceeds 80% of the new equivalent.
- Accessories may not be original, but will be compatible and fully functional. Product may come in generic box.
- This product is eligible for a replacement or refund within 90 days of receipt if it does not work as expected. See terms here.

Now course if you still have DJI Care, not sure they would consider refurbs in terms of filing a claim unless the refurbs came directly from them. But the refurbished ones are original OEM batteries and would show the brand and serial number in the flight logs.

The two extra recent ones I got were from Amazon "Renewed Store", what helps in the case of the Air 2S is that the Air 2 batteries are the same thing.

Far as the Amazon Renewed store, it's the same link James posted, and covered for up to 90 days (should be more than enough time to see if there's anything obvious when you go to charge and discharge it the first few times).

Now course if you still have DJI Care, not sure they would consider refurbs in terms of filing a claim unless the refurbs came directly from them. But the refurbished ones are original OEM batteries and would show the brand and serial number in the flight logs.
I never had DJI Care :( couldn't afford it at the time unfortunately.
I plan to get 2 more batteries soon. so ill have 5 in total.

I am so sorry if I am making such a big deal about used/refurb/renewed stuff :( I had bad experiences in the past.

You may want to check Ebay. There are two sellers that have pulled the battery from a kit, so they are brand new. You could contact them to be assured of the condition.

For batteries I think it is important to get new DJI branded batteries, that is batteries with the full DJI label permanently attached.
I would question any batteries claim as renewed/certified. How can anyone certify the like-new condition of a battery? Haw can anyone renew a battery. As for "certification" is DJI doing the certification?
Buying used batteries only if at a serious discount to match the unknown condition of the batteries.

For batteries I think it is important to get new DJI branded batteries, that is batteries with the full DJI label permanently attached.
I would question any batteries claim as renewed/certified. How can anyone certify the like-new condition of a battery? Haw can anyone renew a battery. As for "certification" is DJI doing the certification?
Buying used batteries only if at a serious discount to match the unknown condition of the batteries.
Well the cycles and voltage can be easily checked, so a battery that has only been cycled a couple of times and holds a 100% charge, would basically be “like new.” Also, with refurbs the seller (assuming it’s a reputable retailer) generally provides a warranty to back up their claims as to the battery’s condition as-sold.

I wouldn’t buy aftermarket DJI batteries but I would buy refurbs.

Well the cycles and voltage can be easily checked, so a battery that has only been cycled a couple of times and holds a 100% charge, would basically be “like new.” Also, with refurbs the seller (assuming it’s a reputable retailer) generally provides a warranty to back up their claims as to the battery’s condition as-sold.

I wouldn’t buy aftermarket DJI batteries but I would buy refurbs.
The batteries I linked to are from the DJI Amazon store. I have three, one with 3 charges on it and the other two had zero! They now have them for $46.

Reactions: @Rip
The batteries I linked to are from the DJI Amazon store. I have three, one with 3 charges on it and the other two had zero! They now have them for $46.
Can verify that the two I got, one had 1 and the other 14.

It's also important to note that it seems that charge cycle is not how many times it has been charged but how many flights it has been on, but I haven't confirmed it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka