DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where to fly around West Palm Beach (FL)?

Dubdub

Reactions
Good morning all,

I will be travelling to Florida next August from Europe and obviously I would like to take my MP with me. Before doing that I would like your help to better understand (done some research on the net regarding the FAA registration as well as the rules to fly) where I could fly around west palm beach. Besides the DJI no fly zone maps, is there an app or a site where I could easily see where I could fly legally without breaching the law?

Appreciate any help you may provide

Best regards and fly safe

Olivier

Check with the Florida state parks to see what their rules are. There was a Palm Beach County regulation in 2015 that drones could not take off or land in a county park but I'm not sure what the status of that is. Most of the everglades will be under the federal restrictions for national parks/monuments/wildlife refuges. Otherwise Florida law prevails which is reasonably permissive.

Check with the Florida state parks to see what their rules are. There was a Palm Beach County regulation in 2015 that drones could not take off or land in a county park but I'm not sure what the status of that is. Most of the everglades will be under the federal restrictions for national parks/monuments/wildlife refuges. Otherwise Florida law prevails which is reasonably permissive.

Not to hijack the thread but is all the Everglades west of US27 off limits from Ft Lauderdale to Lake Okeechobee???

There are some nice areas west of west palm beach - lots of farmlands and around lake okeechobee-second largest freshwater lake.

There are some nearby small non-manned airports that you need to keep in mind.

I would be happy to meet up with you and show you some maps and locations to fly.
Also since I mentioned farmlands - need to keep an eye out for small crop dusting airplanes.

Hope this helps - feel free to message me.....

Oh yeah one other thing-I hear beaches are off limits for some of the cities.

There are some nice areas west of west palm beach - lots of farmlands and around lake okeechobee-second largest freshwater lake.

There are some nearby small non-manned airports that you need to keep in mind.

I would be happy to meet up with you and show you some maps and locations to fly.
Also since I mentioned farmlands - need to keep an eye out for small crop dusting airplanes.

Hope this helps - feel free to message me.....

Oh yeah one other thing-I hear beaches are off limits for some of the cities.
Hi, any info on broward county? Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580