DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where to fly in the Portland area

NickDanger26

Reactions
Where can I fly my drone around Portland? I don’t mind driving a ways to find somewhere I can legally fly. The internet listing of “5 Places to Fly in Portland” isn’t helpful as with further investigation only the AMA field is unrestricted. Any suggestions would be helpful.

I've got some great shots in oregon city of the old closed paper mill, all along the Willamette river, Clackamas river, All the Portland bridges, West Linn, Piddock mansion, West Hills towers, Council crest park, Mt Park. Really, the portland area is pretty wide open for flight as long as you're outside PDX boundaries. right now my favorite launch is the Milwalkie boat ramp. Here is a sample I threw together from summer of 2020

I've got some great shots in oregon city of the old closed paper mill, all along the Willamette river, Clackamas river, All the Portland bridges, West Linn, Piddock mansion, West Hills towers, Council crest park, Mt Park. Really, the portland area is pretty wide open for flight as long as you're outside PDX boundaries. right now my favorite launch is the Milwalkie boat ramp. Here is a sample I threw together from summer of 2020

Thanks for the information. Great images!

Be careful about parks. Launching from Metro parks is prohibited.

As I write, I am just now preparing for my very first flight and was feeling that stress of wanting to have a good experience in a good place. Had a few spots in mind, but none better the the Milwaukie boat ramp. Also appreciated your shared iCloud video. I had not thought to share my videos like that, and I like it. Anyway, thanks. And watch out for those antenna guy wires, my dude.

you can not do Piddock mansion

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost