DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where to pull the best footage from? M2P or SC?

Spazz

Reactions
May be a stupid question... but... I have a 128gb SD card on the SC and another in the M2P. I assume the BEST resolution footage will be from the the M2P SD card... correct? I have seen the footage from the SD card from the SC... but I have not pulled it from the M2P... is there a considerable difference in quality? Still in testing mode... only a few days old.

Reactions: ff22
Best highest res files will be on the Mavic2 either internal 8GB memory or optional installed microSD Card.

May be a stupid question... but... I have a 128gb SD card on the SC and another in the M2P. I assume the BEST resolution footage will be from the the M2P SD card... correct? I have seen the footage from the SD card from the SC... but I have not pulled it from the M2P... is there a considerable difference in quality? Still in testing mode... only a few days old.

Actually, you can copy any video/pictures from the drone to the Smart Controller (or the device attached to the regular controller). There's the Review Icon under the Camera Settings icon. While reviewing any of those files (video/pics), you can use a rather small icon (a bucket with a small arrow) to download the file from the drone to the controller (chose sd card). Now, one warning.... A video file can take a while to transfer while pictures are rather fast. Also while this is occurring, you are using battery power from both the drone and the controller (or device and controller for the regular controller setup). But one thing additional, if you use this function, the download process includes a compile function - that is any pan's or Super-resolution images will be assembled including 360 Sphericals. And actually, the separate images of those pans will not be transferred (I don't think).

Just one more tidbit.

Actually, you can copy any video/pictures from the drone to the Smart Controller (or the device attached to the regular controller). There's the Review Icon under the Camera Settings icon. While reviewing any of those files (video/pics), you can use a rather small icon (a bucket with a small arrow) to download the file from the drone to the controller (chose sd card). Now, one warning.... A video file can take a while to transfer while pictures are rather fast. Also while this is occurring, you are using battery power from both the drone and the controller (or device and controller for the regular controller setup). But one thing additional, if you use this function, the download process includes a compile function - that is any pan's or Super-resolution images will be assembled including 360 Sphericals. And actually, the separate images of those pans will not be transferred (I don't think).

Just one more tidbit.
Thanks... I was just wondering if there is an actual difference in Quality between the SC files and M2P files....

I havent pulled the SD card from my M2P.. just from the SC to play with videos and pics.

Thanks... I was just wondering if there is an actual difference in Quality between the SC files and M2P files....

I havent pulled the SD card from my M2P.. just from the SC to play with videos and pics.
I believe the photos on the SC are cache, lower quality images. If you consider it, the drone is doing a lot of transmission just getting the stuff on the screen from the camera. It does not have the time/power to also immediately process/transmit the high quality images from the drone to the SC. That becomes more obvious when you do "download" using the REVIEW function and a video can take MINUTES - five or so depending on its size/length/quality.

By the way, you can hook up a usb cable to both the drone and the controller and your computer and copy/move stuff to your computer from either device. I do not like dealing with the tiny sd-cards, dropping, fumbling turning them properly to get inside a reader. So I generally use the usb method. I do occasionally use the card approach.

Reactions: Spazz
For ease, simply removing the microSD card from Mavic2 is likely the preferred method to transfer the files. As the others suggested, transferring the files over the air comes at the cost of delays associated with the transfer and of course added charge cycles to your batteries.

If you are happy with the images and videos from the controller, continue on with that option. IF you prefer higher quality, my recommendation is to transfer directly from the Mavic2 (internal using USB cable or optional microSD card in installed) to the PC for review, post processing and or archiving. It's obviously up to you and your needs as the pilot.

DJI batteries have a life cycle and are ~$140ea.
MicroSD to SD card adapters are generally free with the purchase of quality microSD cards and several times less than replacing batteries.

Reactions: Spazz
Thanks all... I figured that was the case... I tried hooking USB to the SC but it did not come up with a drive letter to access it.

Also... when I pulled the SD card from the SC... I I couldn't find the directory of where the images/videos were at.. but I was able to located them by date... still don't know what directory though...lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO