DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which Android phones are stable

geigy

Reactions
Last edited:
I use Honor 8 nougat, hardly any crash, battery life is a problem though, it sucks the rc battery really quick

Reactions: geigy
Huawei Mate 8, no issues (even after recently updating to Nougat) and huge battery life.

Samsung Galaxy S5 International version. Works great on Go4 and Litchi.

Did you use "stable" and Android" in the same sentence?

Eh, the answer is.... NONE IF THEM!

Sorry too easy.

I'm glad you like your IOS equipment. Please don't turn this thread into another platform war. Thanks.

it's 2017, and still there are people who still thinks they are superior by just using a better os platform, come on grow up please.

Reactions: skyeye73
it's 2017, and still there are people who still thinks they are superior by just using a better os platform, come on grow up please.
Good point. In fact, all of us are android users, in a way, because the Mavic itself is an android device. Let's not stir the pot though.

If I could take a moment too say this, I think there are other people, like mravicprilot, who will post here if they have an us android phone or tablet that works well.

I think this thread will help people pick an android drone, based on our actual experience, not just a list from DJI.

Happy droning. May your next YouTube get a million hits!

Reactions: sumesh
I was teasing... but regardless of the software used to power these drones they were tailored to fit iOS. I think that's pretty obvious.

Also of course DJI utilizes android... it's the only platform that's open sourced and available for their purposes. They can't very well use Apple Mobile iOS to power their drones. So for that reason only, all companies use a cheaper, available and open source platform to build on.

I was teasing... but regardless of the software used to power these drones they were tailored to fit iOS. I think that's pretty obvious.

Also of course DJI utilizes android... it's the only platform that's open sourced and available for their purposes. They can't very well use Apple Mobile iOS to power their drones. So for that reason only, all companies use a cheaper, available and open source platform to build on.
I'm on your side on this. I have a Nexus 6P and it is as pure as it gets as far as Android is concerned. Crashes or bogs down every flight running Nouget. I've experimented with every technique known to man and still it'll freeze up at around the 20 min mark. Best option is to make sure recording, BT and Wifi is off and to restart the phone before a flight. Still, there's a huge memory leak or something and once the App hits that 20 min mark, it's going to lag and freeze. If the shoe fits, wear it, iOS version of DJI Go is far superior to Android. How do I know, because I've flown missions with the wife's iPhone 6S and it ran flawlessly every time. Not only flawlessly, but much faster and smoother. I was going to hold out until the iPhone 8 came out, but every time I fly the Mavic, I want to run to the Apple store.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro (Kate) works well, but requires a sunshade in sunny weather.
Asus Zenfone Max (ZC550KL) also stable with adequate screen brightness.
FNF iFive Mini 4s (7.9in tablet) works well, but screen brightness and battery life can be issues.
All of these run Android 6.01

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54