• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HueJorgan

Reactions
Just a thought

I bought autopilot before litchi was really anything and I find it complex

Is litchi more user friendly

Or because the mavic has great features do I need an extra app at all

Litchi is easier to use. However, it's not compatible with the Mavic yet.

Reactions: gryphon1911
No, you don't need to use an alternative app. If you use DJI GO, you have to fly to each waypoint in order to setup a new mission. People like to use apps like Litchi because it allows the waypoints to be set from within the app (without flying to each waypoint).

You can re-fly saved missions in any app.

Reactions: gryphon1911
Thanks boss even the go app

How would I do that please

I haven't used it recently but once you have set the waypoints you can press the little star symbol to save it as a favourite. They mention it here

People typically dont like to use the DJI GO app for waypoint flight as it diminishes battery life as one has to pre-fly and mark the waypoints on the map and then one can fly them.

Licthi as mentioned will allow one to pre-plan their mission with waypoints and altitude changes as well as rotating the point of view . As mentioned one can do this within the app and even on their home PC.

People typically dont like to use the DJI GO app for waypoint flight as it diminishes battery life as one has to pre-fly and mark the waypoints on the map and then one can fly them.

Licthi as mentioned will allow one to pre-plan their mission with waypoints and altitude changes as well as rotating the point of view . As mentioned one can do this within the app and even on their home PC.

Right, and I think you balance that against the safety element of actually being able to fly the route first with DJI GO, and the Mavic Pro does have good battery life. But I do agree with your point. In addition I recently used Autoflight Logic for a short waypoint flight which I could have used DJI GO for, even though it was easier to have it focus on a subject as I flew.

The reason I used Autoflight Logic to preplan and fly was the flight was over a shoreline and yachts moored just off shore. I wanted to respect the owners and not fly a Phantom 3 around the bay a couple of times making a racket and making them think I was focusing on them. So I plotted the path and set the altitude to 100 feet while the Phantom was on the ground. When I got it in the air and checked the altitude I felt more comfortable at 125 feet so quickly amended the altitude and made the one pass.

I'm looking forward to both Litchi and Autoflight Logic support.

Just received a beta version update from Autoflight Logic, they're now supporting the Mavic Pro in the latest beta release so look forward to testing it this weekend.

hi, how is this app? work very fine?

Apart from a few minor issues with the first beta the later updates are all solid. Works pretty much the same with the Mavic Pro as it does with the Phantom series so you'll find plenty of examples out there.

Its worth the money if you want a little more control and automation of your Mavic.

I saw a great post the other day where someone used Litchi to produce a 360 pano shot - they just set it up and the drone took 30 odd photos all overlapping that could be processed into a 360 pano. This alone sounds like an reason to have the app - or can I achieve something similar in DJi go? I am concerned about the care protect being invalid in the event the drone is damaged using a 3rd party app......

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie