Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which around 150 euros smartphone compatible with DJI Fly app

laurent45

Reactions
Hello,
First of all thanks for this forum.
I was about to buy a Mavic Mini.
So far I used 50 euros chinese drone, but you get what you pay for...

But I check first the list of compatible phones of the DJI Fly app, and my 2 phones : a xiaomi redmi 6 and a Iphone SE (2020 new version) are not in the list.
Buying a phone especially for the MM (I planed to buy the Combo) is a new additional cost I did not think of ... that is why I put a limit around 150 euros for a phone

I saw that the Redmi note 5 is around this price and in the DJI list... but it is already a old phone (2018) and hard to buy.

I found some lists on the internet and on this forum ... but I know that if I chose a phone not in the list DJI will not support me ?
And when I see DJI forums.... I see a lot of beginners having pb or losing their drones;... so it made me worrying... if I should maybe wait for more compatible phones in the DJI list.... or buy cheaper drone...

In fact I am a bit lost ?

Thanks in advance for your advices

NB I have a question : your last video mentions the last version of the app for IOS (1.1.6), but for Android it is only 1.1.5 (on Google store) Is it normal ?

With regards to your existing phones TRY the app on them before you going looking for another or at least see if, using the phones, you can see the app in google's play store. If you can see it there's a chance it will work. You have nothing to lose .
Samsung S6 32Gb and 64Gb work, ebayed 2nd hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iphone SE (2020 new version)

The new iPhone SE works perfectly with the Mavic Mini (I use it). What's more, because it has one of the best mobile processors available, third-party apps like Dronelink should work really well with it.

Hello,

But I check first the list of compatible phones of the DJI Fly app, and my 2 phones : a xiaomi redmi 6 and a Iphone SE (2020 new version) are not in the list.
Buying a phone especially for the MM (I planed to buy the Combo) is a new additional cost I did not think of ... that is why I put a limit around 150 euros for a phone

I saw that the Redmi note 5 is around this price and in the DJI list... but it is already a old phone (2018) and hard to buy.

I found some lists on the internet and on this forum ... but I know that if I chose a phone not in the list DJI will not support me ?
And when I see DJI forums.... I see a lot of beginners having pb or losing their drones;... so it made me worrying... if I should maybe wait for more compatible phones in the DJI list.... or buy cheaper drone...

NB I have a question : your last video mentions the last version of the app for IOS (1.1.6), but for Android it is only 1.1.5 (on Google store) Is it normal ?
Samsung Galaxy a20e works perfect!

The new iPhone SE works perfectly with the Mavic Mini (I use it). What's more, because it has one of the best mobile processors available, third-party apps like Dronelink should work really well with it.
@ Maelstrom. Is the size of the new SE 2020 screen large enough as you are using it. Thanks in advance

I’m flying on Xiaomi Redmi Lite 8. It was about $150 new, has a 6” screen and with a frosted glass it makes much better drone screen than my everyday iPhone 7.

Reactions: FlyoverDRN
I’m flying on Xiaomi Redmi Lite 8. It was about $150 new, has a 6” screen and with a frosted glass it makes much better drone screen than my everyday iPhone 7.
Thanks for your reply.
So I guess that a Redmi Note 8T or Redmi Note 8 Pro should be OK. I just saw some discount on the 8T.

@ Maelstrom. Is the size of the new SE 2020 screen large enough as you are using it. Thanks in advance

Its the same size as the iPhone 8. My eyesight isn’t great but it works fine for me. Missions in Dronelink run very well if that’s something that interests you.

Thanks for your reply.
So I guess that a Redmi Note 8T or Redmi Note 8 Pro should be OK. I just saw some discount on the 8T.
They are really good phones - lacking a bit of performance when compared to iPhones, but with enough kick to run DJI Fly or Litchi without problems. And you cannot go wrong with that price tag.

Hello,

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" T290NZKAXAR $120 out the door at Costco with free shipping.

Thumbswayup Thanks to you, for those last answers

NB : unfortunately aint' no Costco nearby so I am not a Costco member

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC