DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which card are you using for 4k video?

Mavic-Fuli

Reactions
I have gotten the wrong card to be able to do 4k video. From my research my understanding is that my card needs to write 100mbs for 4k.

What is everyone using? Is it worth to buy the 128g card over the 64g? What are your thoughts?

I also came across this website and it has a break down the the read/write speeds for each card but its seems like none of them are actually 100mbs for write speed.

Let me know your thoughts.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
As long as its U3, it should work.
Best to have several smaller cards and swap between flights than one big one. That way if something happens to the AC or the card during a flight, you don't lose recordings from previous flights.

The ones mentioned in the website are good. Remember, it's 100 mega BITS, not bytes. 100Mbps is about 12.5MBps. U1 just misses that with 10MBps rating (or 80Mbps) so you need next one up which is U3.

Last edited:
I have gotten the wrong card to be able to do 4k video. From my research my understanding is that my card needs to write 100mbs for 4k.

What is everyone using? Is it worth to buy the 128g card over the 64g? What are your thoughts?

I also came across this website and it has a break down the the read/write speeds for each card but its seems like none of them are actually 100mbs for write speed.

I use the Sandisk Extreme Plus 64gb micro sd card.

I just read this and under the section where it lists all the good cards are good for shooting 4k mine is listed but when I record 4k it gets all choppy.
That might be your playback device though, there are numerous threads about issues with viewing H.265

I just read this and under the section where it lists all the good cards are good for shooting 4k mine is listed but when I record 4k it gets all choppy.

Have you viewed 4K video on your computer or tablet from other sources (other than your current memory card)? As 4wd points out, it could be that the device you're trying to watch 4K video on isn't up to the task of playing it properly. It might not be the video card you're using.

Have you viewed 4K video on your computer or tablet from other sources (other than your current memory card)? As 4wd points out, it could be that the device you're trying to watch 4K video on isn't up to the task of playing it properly. It might not be the video card you're using.

I have a mid 2015 iMac with 2T SSD, 24G of Ram and Radeon R9 Graphics card that came with the computer ... it should hold up no?

I have a mid 2015 iMac with 2T SSD, 24G of Ram and Radeon R9 Graphics card that came with the computer ... it should hold up no?

You would think so but I have a 2015 MBP with 16GB ram, and editing 4K in Final Cut or Premier I have choppy playback. After mastering though it plays back smooth as butter.

The card cptrman mentioned, be sure to order the 64GB as the 32 GB is only U1. Great price!

Glad you posted this as I was trying to find out what card I may need. Having said that I can always use 1080p.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots