DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which device are you using with the Mavic Mini?

fredcoque

Reactions
Hi guys,

I'm planning to buy a dedicated device, so I can keep that with the minimum running services and obviously don't need to use my phone.

However, it hasn't been easy to find an affordable device on DJI Fly compatible devices list.

I'd like to ask if you can post more information about the phone you're using according to the fields below (my info was on the sample):

Brand and Mode: Apple iPhone 6S Plus
Is it on the DJI Fly compatibility list? Yes
Does that fit well in the controller? Yes, but once I use a plastic cover, it takes more time to adjust it in the controlled brackets.
Any issues? So far so good, but I've just done one indoor flight, so it's too early to find issues.
Any additional observations? None so far.

Therefore we can create a knowledge base that should be useful for current and future Mavic Mini fliers.

Thanks!

Brand and Mode: Apple iPad mini 4
Is it on the DJI Fly compatibility list? Not at the time of this posting.
Does that fit well in the controller? Yes, it fits in the 'slots' of the device holder. I have purchased an 'ultra slim' case for the mini and hoping that will work...might need to 'shave' a bit of the rubber bumper on the Mavic Mini RC.
Any issues? No.
Any additional observations? Best compromise screen size between smartphone and tablets, and quick to setup (i.e. no tablet holder needed).

Last edited:
Plenty of LG G6 on EBay for under 100.00. I got one in mint condition for 92.00. Works great. Screenshot_20191126-182829.jpeg

ipad 9.7 6th gen 32 gig wifi ,the same one that i use for my MPP works great only issue is the fact that the app is not yet optimised for larger ipad screens ,but using it in 16.9 and doubling the display it is perfectly acceptable at the moment, and means i only have to have one device for both drones, plus you get the added advantage of the ipad not being charged by the controller battery,

Hi,

The Xiaomi redmi 3s (very cheap entry level) works fine, my advice if you can find one, or other xiaomi note x that have a bigger screen.
The Samsung Galaxy S7 works fine after the first update of DJI app ( before the first update the live camera feedback was not working).

Hi,

The Xiaomi redmi 3s (very cheap entry level) works fine, my advice if you can find one, or other xiaomi note x that have a bigger screen.
The Samsung Galaxy S7 works fine after the first update of DJI app ( before the first update the live camera feedback was not working).

I was planning to use a Redmi Note 8 Global, that costs around $170 but I asked DJI about that and they said only the ones in the list have been tested.
I'd buy that from China, so if it doesn't work that would be useless and I wouldn't be able to return it.

Samsung Note 8
1200 nits (bright)
Listed on DJI as compatible
No issues
FIts controller
Upgraded cable: OTG cable Type C this cable is also available in lightning

Am using a galaxy S10 but am changing it to a samsung 10 inch tablet (SM-T580). Fly app sideloads fine and works good so far. havent given it a full airtime test yet though, am still printing out a holder for it.

I received my mini, read manual, charged batteries. Could not get my I phone 6S to “connect”. Returned to Florida Drone Supply, awaiting replacement, hopefully next week, and hoping new one will “connect”

Started with my IPad Mini 4 with OTG cable but got quite a bit of lag. Switched to my Galaxy Note 8 with the short USB C cable that came with the drone and it is super smooth with NO lag at distance. Getting great range now however I Would love to get back to the iPad Mini.

iPhone XR and tried iPhone 6s, both work perfectly fine for flying. While 6s lasted only for 3 batteries, XR keeps going with 5 batteries.

6S had problems recording screen when there was a lot of movement, but was recording fine when flying slow in C mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22