DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which do I believe!?

Lady Flyer

Reactions
Albuquerque, NM is currently under a TFR due to Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. I am a bit confused to the times because the initial page says it's in effect from 5:30 AM Sept 30 to 8 pm October 9th. However, the tfr.faa.gov gives a different picture. There are more specific times such as Sept 30th @11:30 UTC (5:30 am MT) to Sept 30th 18:00 (noon MT) UTC. And it gives these time parameters for every day till 10/9/22.

Can I fly outside of the time parameters on the faa.gov page?

No idea which one to believe!! Anyone know?

Attachments

• IMG_1711.PNG
    IMG_1711.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1712.jpg
    IMG_1712.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
Why would you think that the ballons would all be landed by noon on October 9th? That doesn't sound realistic. And if the balloons weren't down, why would you expect (or want) to be flying a drone that could endanger somebody in a balloon or in the crowd watching them? Doesn't good judgement count for anything?

Why would you think that the ballons would all be landed by noon on October 9th? That doesn't sound realistic. And if the balloons weren't down, why would you expect (or want) to be flying a drone that could endanger somebody in a balloon or in the crowd watching them? Doesn't good judgement count for anything?
YES, good judgement does come into it! I have no intention of flying during balloon fiesta AT all! I would never put the balloonists or their passengers in danger for 5 minutes of fun. However, the information is contradictory .... and I was hoping some one with more experience would explain it. Clearly asking the question here was a mistake.

And as for the balloons having landed by noon on 10/9 ... the balloons are usually down by 10 or 11 AM! They are usually up by 7 or 7:30 AM ... just how long do you think they can fly on the fuel they have onboard!? Have you ever been to Balloon Fiesta? My guess is not ....

So sorry I bothered to ask!

People need to lighten up, nowhere in op's post did they say/imply they intended to fly with balloons in the area. Doesn't kindness count for anything? Could of worded your post differently. "It seems like it was likely a typo, I wouldn't fly until I contacted somebody to get confirmation on when they will be done flying, so you can do so safely." Same message, different tone, and you would've received a nicer response from op in return.

YES, good judgement does come into it! I have no intention of flying during balloon fiesta AT all! I would never put the balloonists or their passengers in danger for 5 minutes of fun. However, the information is contradictory .... and I was hoping some one with more experience would explain it. Clearly asking the question here was a mistake.

And as for the balloons having landed by noon on 10/9 ... the balloons are usually down by 10 or 11 AM! They are usually up by 7 or 7:30 AM ... just how long do you think they can fly on the fuel they have onboard!? Have you ever been to Balloon Fiesta? My guess is not ....

So sorry I bothered to ask!
Don't let one snarky response that ignored your question put you off the forum.

MS Coast is right @Lady Flyer , we have lots here that just look
for post to troll. There’s way more that will answer if they can.
Always ask anything you want to know and ignore post that don’t
answer your question.
Again @BigAl07 must have missed me flagging him. Maybe he will
see it this time. 👍

MS Coast is right @Lady Flyer , we have lots here that just look
for post to troll. There’s way more that will answer if they can.
Always ask anything you want to know and ignore post that don’t
answer your question.
Again @BigAl07 must have missed me flagging him. Maybe he will
see it this time. 👍

Balloon Fiesta ends tomorrow ... but it would be nice to know for the future! Thanks for tagging someone who might know!!

Reactions: dirkclod
Balloon Fiesta ends tomorrow ... but it would be nice to know for the future! Thanks for tagging someone who might know!!
Well he might not know but he knows about reading apps.
Have fun. 👍

Go by the "Fine Details" for each time slot and not the "summary". You may want to take a Screen Shot of it just in case there are any questions or concerns about your flight. Be sure the screen shot includes a time stamp just to CYA.

Reactions: dirkclod
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica