DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which drone to replace DJI (M2P)

TTP

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Perhaps faced with the choice to abandon DJI and choose another drone brand.

Needs M2P flying ability, but not as demanding when it comes to camera and photography.

Anyone made this choice or had thoughts in this direction?

Needs M2P flying ability, but not as demanding when it comes to camera and photography.

Autel Evo 2 in either the 8k or Pro 6k are good choices but certainly not cheaper. They have great range and provide good footage. I also fly the Parrot Anafi which I love but range is more limited.

Lots of folks are flying Fimi X8 2020 with has good transmission range and a relatively low price.

Thanks Saladshooter, Autel has some interesting drones.

As I mentioned, flight characteristics, especially with me as a pilot, are what matter most to me, price and camera characteristics are subordinate conditions.

Skydio 2, which seems to be outstanding, does not really meet my requirements.

@TTP the problem with the latest drones ,from both DJI and various other brands, is the fact that they have all striven to make their drones more and more orientated towards autonomous flight
and even the cheaper brands now have a high level of autonomous flight modes built in to the APPs ,i personally am with you on the manual flight of my drones ,i have tried some of the preset flight modes just to see what they are like ,but i too prefer to fly my drone myself and apart from doing one auto RTH ,from time to time i like to fly home and land myself ,i am not saying that there is anything wrong with the auto flight modes ,and for many people they are why they buy a certain drone in the first place

Reactions: Peterson

All you have to do is spend a little time over in the Autel Forum to realize that now is not the time to invest in any of the Autel drones because of the Massive changes that are being made by the CEO and company.

With that said we did Pick up the EVO 2 Pro and it had great potential but after the first couple updates one of which bricked the drone , and than again going back to the Original update was unsettling , and with very little support.

My advice is stay the course of DJI .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on the Water.

Thanks old man mavic!

It may be that we who at a young age dreamed of becoming Fighter Pilots, but I did not have the 100% sense of color required.

But therefore I can fly today (but certainly with both feet on Terra Firma), when more than 500 of my countrymen who became Fighter pilots unfortunately do not live today.

We drone pilots fly where no one has flown before.

Reactions: old man mavic
Thanks Saladshooter, Autel has some interesting drones.

As I mentioned, flight characteristics, especially with me as a pilot, are what matter most to me, price and camera characteristics are subordinate conditions.

Skydio 2, which seems to be outstanding, does not really meet my requirements.
I mentioned it before..... but the Parrot Anafi is a very fun flyer..... I think a pilot would enjoy it. It even has an FPV mode that works with your phone and cheap googles. Its got a good camera and fair battery life. I find it to be sporty and responsive. I can fly it about half a mile without issue. Longer range depends on local interference.
( Mod Removed)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TTP
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61