DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which FW for best/easiest aerial videography

modbuilder

Reactions
Haven't been on the forum in quite awhile. Was even thinking about selling the Mavic, but now am giving serious thought to getting Part 107 license and doing some real estate vids. Apologies for asking what has got to have been answered before, but I can't find it.

I'm fairly familiar with DJI Go4 firmware and don't know if aerial vids would be better/easier done in Litchi or in DJI firmware. Would appreciate thoughts from "them what's gone before me". Thanks .........Bob R

Reactions: Mr. Robin and Chirp
If what you have now works well I'd stick with it.
The more recent Firmware and Apps do have some features introduced for the Spark, the only automated mode you might struggle to execute manually is the spiral thing.
There have been some minor changes to camera and video affecting colours and not everyone likes the changes!
At some point the artefacts at 1080p/60fps were greatly improved but if your Mavic is an early one the hardware can't take advantage of the fix.
There has been a recent theme of stronger enforcment of NFZs, enforcing logging-in, and disabling any method of going back to older firmware.
At the moment if you are on a recent Android app the Here mapping server has broken ... or something.

Reactions: 2nd2non
The more recent Firmware and Apps do have some features introduced for the Spark, the only automated mode you might struggle to execute manually is the spiral thing.
There have been some minor changes to camera and video affecting colours and not everyone likes the changes!
At some point the artefacts at 1080p/60fps were greatly improved but if your Mavic is an early one the hardware can't take advantage of the fix.
There has been a recent theme of stronger enforcment of NFZs, enforcing logging-in, and disabling any method of going back to older firmware.
At the moment if you are on a recent Android app the Here mapping server has broken ... or something.

My Mavic is an early 2017 purchase and I stopped updating Go4 at version 4.1.5 (2952). It's running on an iPad4 Mini. I was naive enough early on that I updated when available until I figured out that DJI was on the Big Brother expressway.

If I haven't gone too far with updates, I'm probably going to work through the downgrade process to get back to the lower release that wasn't as strong on NFZ enforcement.

The NFZs are still there, but it started annoying me to death with pop ups for our area which are only a warning that Low flying military training use the area (about once a month).
That's when I reverted to .400 and it's still on that.

Haven't been on the forum in quite awhile. Was even thinking about selling the Mavic, but now am giving serious thought to getting Part 107 license and doing some real estate vids. Apologies for asking what has got to have been answered before, but I can't find it.

I'm fairly familiar with DJI Go4 firmware and don't know if aerial vids would be better/easier done in Litchi or in DJI firmware. Would appreciate thoughts from "them what's gone before me". Thanks .........Bob R

Here are a few aerial photos of a shopping center I took from 350' AGL.
Camera on manual. Shutter Speed 1/160. IOS 100. DJI Go.

DJI_0034.JPG DJI_0035.JPG DJI_0046.JPG DJI_0058.JPG

This is the BEST summary I’ve seen. Thank YOU for pulling together. I’m still on .700 fw and iOS GO 4.0.8, so am really waiting till the value exceeds the pain of upgrading. I think I’m just about at this point and YOUR summary helped me IMMENSELY!

I’m ready to play with Rocket mode and use the 1080-60P

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll