DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which goggles are the best?

CaptJim

Reactions
The DJI goggles that came with the Mavic Pro Platinum bundle to me are worthless, or I just don't know how to use them except to slide my iPhone into them. There are no electrical connections on the goggles and I just can't seem to get them to focus properly. What are the best goggles for the money?

When I bought my mavic a long time ago it came with the 20 dollar goggles that you slide a phone in for a screen . They are junk . Mine went into the trash and I bought the white dji goggles and they have worked fine . A bit heavy but they do work as they were designed.

Im not sure if this is the same with the black DJI racing goggles, but if they are the DJI white goggles, Op has a good point - some people need reading glasses to be able to focus on the screen with them as theres no adjustment for that and it is set for those who can focus really close. There are also companies that make magnification inserts that custom fit and adjust the focus in those too (forget the link, easy to Google though).

OP - be sure to upgrade goggle firmware so you can connect wirelessly to the controller, too.

OP doesn't actually have DJI goggles, the shop he bought his set from apparently bundled one of those crappy phone holders.
Seriously? I have some Google Cardboard goggles that have the same functionality as those expensive bundled ones. I even upgraded the firmware on mine with some tape and new rubber bands. ;). That’s sad. People go for the looks, and end up accidentally buying just an empty shell not knowing any better.

OP- you can get a set of used or even just open box DJI goggles in the classified section, there have been a few posted there now and then.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your replies. It looks as though I received junk from who I bought the DJI combo package with my Mavic Pro Platinum. I have attached pictures of what I received with the slide where the iPhone is inserted beside the goggles. They're worthless.IMG_6716.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6717.jpg
    IMG_6717.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 26
Sorry about that, Jim. Hope you can recoup some of your funds for that - false advertising or lack of perfornance?

When you are ready to get FPV goggles, the true DJI ones are great.

Last edited:
Hi.

If you have one of those "phone holders", they do work, even though screen quality can be better on some phones.

Done it several times without issues.

Here is what you do:

Use Litchi in VR mode (dual screen on the phone) with them.
Flight controller gets attached with a longer USB cable from the center USB at the controller.

1)
Connect controller and phone via USB
2)
Start Litchi
3)
Connect Litchi and drone
4)
Start drone and have it hover automatically at start level
5)
Put Litchi in VR mode
6)
Slide phone into goggles and put on head. Adjust lenses.
7)
Enjoy flying
8)
Take glasses off for safer landing

Remember that using Litchi instead of DJI app to fly may compromise your warranty if you crash.

Reactions: AMann
I am using a Sony Xperia XZ premium 4k mobile phone with the Zeiss VR One plus headset and I can highly recommend that setup. The screen quality is way better than on the dji goggles while this combo is only half of the price of dji's goggles. My favourite app is DroneVR which gives you this fighter pilot HUD! Moreover, if you have an iPad or just another phone you can download the same DroneVR app an watch the live stream as a spectator and see what the pilot sees!

Last edited:
Dual Use Goggles
Hi,
A Parrot Bebop user told me to get VR headset, but to wait until after I'm proficient at flying it. He also told me that anytime I use VR headset, I will need a spotter standing nearby.

What, if any, specific VR-headset/goggles can be considered good and dual-use (for drone flying and on a gaming PC) for VR gaming (given a windoze box with both USB3 and HDMI)?

Thanks much

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake