DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

which intelligent flight modes have auto avoidance? None?

Micah

Reactions
I thought that some of the follow me, or active track or even return to home had auto avoidance built in. But it seems when I enter into all of those modes; even RTH it says that auto avoidance systems are turned off? So does that mean that these anti collision precautions will only function in basic flight modes and not in any auto pilot functions?

I thought that some of the follow me, or active track or even return to home had auto avoidance built in. But it seems when I enter into all of those modes; even RTH it says that auto avoidance systems are turned off? So does that mean that these anti collision precautions will only function in basic flight modes and not in any auto pilot functions?

They will work in all modes exept sport but you have to turn them on. They are off as an auto setting because they use up more battery

ahhh..that makes sense. Definitely something that I want turned "on".

I think it remembers your choice untill next time. So you only have to do it once

I think it remembers your choice untill next time. So you only have to do it once

unless you do a firmware upgrade then check everything. Firmware has a nasty habit of re -setting your settings especially your RTH altitude.

also you can turn off individual choices like the VPS, or the ascend to avoid or the go around to avoid. Some people do not like the go around to avoid as it has no sideways avoidance. The craft may try to go round but hit what you cant see to the side.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS