DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which is best?

Both will work. I'd recommend you choose based on whether you'd like to use an Apple or Android mobile device.

I've read a lot saying people prefer the Ipad mini 4 due to better compatability with the DJI GO 4 software
I do prefer Android products, but want what's best for my drone flying experience

Reactions: JimCanada
I don't know that Apple devices have better compatibility. Android devices usually work just as well as long as they don't have poor specs.

I would go for the brightest. I never had the Huawei pad but I had the ipad mini, which was quite dark. Darker than the Acer Iconia 7, which I was using more often due the better brightness and mobility - very lightweight in comparison with Ipad.

I would go for the brightest. I never had the Huawei pad but I had the ipad mini, which was quite dark. Darker than the Acer Iconia 7, which I was using more often due the better brightness and mobility - very lightweight in comparison with Ipad.

Totally agree with the above comment, go for a screen with best brightness , compare the “Nits” on both screens in their technical area.

Again like what msinger said, do you prefer IOS or android platforms?

Reactions: Bluenoseken
For me, in the city, or more specifically in Classed air space, I prefer to use my Apple iPad Air 2 over my Samsung Tab A. This is because when I fly a Litchi mission, it is soooo much easier to set up and unlock using the iPad, then simply double press the home button, swipe up to Force Kill, then enter Litchi. In unClassed, I simply use the Tab A since it has a smaller footprint.

I've read a lot saying people prefer the Ipad mini 4 due to better compatability with the DJI GO 4 software
I do prefer Android products, but want what's best for my drone flying experience
The Huawei M5 is an excellent flying tablet.
There's no compatibility worry either - that's just a myth.
The iPad might run as well, but it doesn't run any better than the M5.

How can u compare indifference?
My s8 performs none glitches.
While true users attest to apple,
how can it be declared unless cited ill(s) in nougat or oreo are exclaimed defect?

"ill(s) in nougat or oreo are exclaimed defect" I have no idea what that is/means! Just saying.
Theme boasts apple device edge over android.
Operating systems 7&8, nougat&oreo, are alias names for android OS.

comment means without show of detail deficiency and or glitch, how can consensus apple has edge be declared?

Theme boasts apple device edge over android.
Operating systems 7&8, nougat&oreo, are alias names for android OS.

comment means without show of detail deficiency and or glitch, how can consensus apple has edge be declared?
That doesn't clear anything up.
Whatever Theme is boasting about, neither Android or Apple runs the app better.
And the app runs equally well on Android 7 or 8 (nougat & oreo).

The Huawei M5 is one of the best tablets you can get for flying with the DJI Go 4 app.

lots of controversy about Huawei products
just sayin
Just sayin ... There's no controversy about their products.
They are great.
There's a bunch of political mumbo jumbo about Huawei.
But they still make the best flying tablets.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input everyone. Decided to go with the Huawei M5 8.4 as I do prefer android products and the Huawei is £100 cheaper than the Ipad mini!

Reactions: zzxrox
Doesnt the cpu and select memory make for best perform? Do they make 16core microprocessor and 1tb of system memory? Isnt qualcom the microprocessor for everything today cellular phones?

I gave up on androids for drones and went with the Ipad even though I dislike apple I think they work better on the DJI products. I have several ipad mini 2 units and they do work very well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake