DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which LUT's to pick?!

DSGDSG

Reactions
I'm having a hard time deciding which LUTs to buy. I've finally just recently found the time to start editing my videos (i usually just showcase my pics) and I want to invest in some LUTs. The problem is I have no idea which. I bought some from Trevor Bobyk(?) and I see now that I don't really care for them too much.

I've found groundcontrol and downloaded the free one which I actually like the effect. But my hesitations is on the site I was about to pull the trigger on Griffin but haven't because I use a mavic pro 2 and it only mentions the regular mavic pro. I worry that they won't be optimized for the mavic pro 2. Then the others available none actually cite Mavic specifically so I worry those too won't be suitable.

I've found spectrumgrades but those are twice the price of anywhere else and again worried because the ones that cite Mavic Pro 2 look like the exposure is too dark.

Then there's polapro. Again, not sure I know enough about them.

Finally thefilmpoets. I just don't like the look of the colors those ones provide.

Does anyone care to throw their opinion in the ring or share which you've gone with and how much you like it.

Leeming Lut is the one I use most with M2pro, you will get a selection of style/film looks with it, which are pretty good for video from other cameras.
His Osmo Action (cinelike) is great too.

Reactions: DSGDSG
Personally, if you’ve only just started editing video, I would learn how to colour grade by hand. LUTs are not a one-stop solution, they still need plenty of adjusting after being applied in the right position in the grading sequence. Exp, W/B, Sat, and Clip matching all need to be done by hand first before a LUT goes on otherwise it’s very difficult to correct those things as you don’t know exactly what changes the LUT has made in each of those settings. Just my 2c worth from experience.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erroos