DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which media player

Escher64

Reactions
Does anyone else have problems playing back footage in Windows 10? I've just bought my first drone DJI Mini 2 and playback is very blocky in Windows and won't play at all in VLC. Any help appreciated.

And what's the resolution & frame rate on your footage ... can your computer handle it? Try lowering the res. & fps & see if it plays smoothly then ... if it does you most probably need to upgrade the computer power.

Resolution is 4k frame rate 30. Tried casting it to my TV and plays perfect so looks like a computer issue. Thanks for your reply.

Another thing to consider is if your SD card is adequate for 4k video. You might post the exact card you are using.

I ended up with a Samsung Pro V30 A2 rated card before my video cleaned up. The lesser expensive Samsung EVO Select U3 A1 wasn't quite fast enough. The difference is 160MB/s vs 90MB/s plus IOPS speed boost (housekeeping tasks the drone does while recording video).

But - that said, generally poor playback is due to the hardware. This is especially true if you don't have a native 4k display and the hardware has to resample the video real time.

Another thing to consider is if your SD card is adequate for 4k video. You might post the exact card you are using.

I ended up with a Samsung Pro V30 A2 rated card before my video cleaned up. The lesser expensive Samsung EVO Select U3 A1 wasn't quite fast enough. The difference is 160MB/s vs 90MB/s plus IOPS speed boost (housekeeping tasks the drone does while recording video).

But - that said, generally poor playback is due to the hardware. This is especially true if you don't have a native 4k display and the hardware has to resample the video real time.
Great reply thanks. I hadn't even considered the SD card. I'm using Sandisk Extreme 128GB V30 A2. Any thoughts?

Great reply thanks. I hadn't even considered the SD card. I'm using Sandisk Extreme 128GB V30 A2. Any thoughts?
You should be okay with your card. After rereading your posts that you are seeing okay performance casting to what I assume is your 4k TV, it sounds more like your computer video hardware is the bottleneck; even more likely is you don't have a 4k display.

Another cause of poor playback is when too many other things are running in background. You might run Window's task manager to see how much CPU usage is going on. Ditto for memory usage.

It's unfortunate that many apps/programs that we install automatically start on boot up, unless you turn them off first.

If your computer is a few years old, has a budget processor or minimal memory, this could be your problem.

Reactions: Escher64
You should be okay with your card. After rereading your posts that you are seeing okay performance casting to what I assume is your 4k TV, it sounds more like your computer video hardware is the bottleneck; even more likely is you don't have a 4k display.
Yes it's a 4k tv bought recently. Laptop is a few years old so most likely that is the problem. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to convince my wife that I need a new laptop!!

• Haha
Reactions: eEridani
....Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to convince my wife that I need a new laptop!!
My wife is nowadays fully convinced that when I've started to talk about something ... it's only a matter of time until it happens. This really simplify thing's like buying a new laptop 😁

I say ... build your case, ramp it up & increase the intensity :cool:

Try MPC-HC 64 bit (if you have a 54 bit operating system. I found that this player plays just about anything that I have thrown at it.

My wife is nowadays fully convinced that when I've started to talk about something ... it's only a matter of time until it happens. This really simplify thing's like buying a new laptop 😁

I say ... build your case, ramp it up & increase the intensity :cool:
Ha Ha made us both laugh..greeetings from across the pond :)

Try MPC-HC 64 bit (if you have a 54 bit operating system. I found that this player plays just about anything that I have thrown at it.
Gave it a try and yes there was some improvement, but ultimately I think a new laptop is needed. However thanks for the tip it's much appreciated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98