DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which memory card out of these three?

jmark

Reactions
I tried to figure out which ones are best, but I'm finding conflicting information. The Evo and Sandisk Extreme are both U3, so I'm guessing they would be good enough for Mavic 2, but the Ultra. Would that be good for 4k too? Which one would you go for out of the two U3's. I'm trying to decide which to put in my tablet (for non drone usage), which one to put in my phone (used to fly my drone, but not record vids) and which one for the M2P.
memory.jpg

You probably should go by the speed of the card.

I would say the Samsung would be a good choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmark
Thanks guys. Just curious, are these based on your own personal preferences or the speeds of the cards?
A bit of both. I’ve been very happy with Sandisk, and their products are usually highly rated and reliable. I agree that the Samsung would probably be a good option as well, but I’m a fan of having multiple smaller cards instead of large ones. I don’t like putting all my footage in one basket in case of some kind of failure.

A bit of both. I’ve been very happy with Sandisk, and their products are usually highly rated and reliable. I agree that the Samsung would probably be a good option as well, but I’m a fan of having multiple smaller cards instead of large ones. I don’t like putting all my footage in one basket in case of some kind of failure.

He makes a good point about size.

I know for a fact that the Sandisk Ultra does not work well with the MP2 Pro. Must get the Extreme or Extreme Pro.
It WILL record on the Ultra, but when you try to play it back, it's very laggy: unwatchable.

Here's a neat guide to help you make a decision.

If you scroll down you'll see the card recommendations from fastest to slowest.

My recommendation was based on what you presented and it was based on write speed. Either of the two would be good....but the 64 just has more space.

Thank you for the link!

Good idea about the smaller cards. I have the fly more, and realistically I can only get an hour fly time out of it, playing it safe, so 32 should be plenty.

I know for a fact that the Sandisk Ultra does not work well with the MP2 Pro. Must get the Extreme or Extreme Pro.
It WILL record on the Ultra, but when you try to play it back, it's very laggy: unwatchable.

Yes, I didn't think the ultra would work really. I'll stick to the other two.

Thanks everyone for the help!

I tried a Sandisk Extreme Plus - it didnt work. Too slow
The Extreme PRO does work.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I returned my SanDisk 64GB Extreme cards and bought two of the Samsung Evo Select 64GB cards. I will try the this afternoon to report the results.

Although, now I'm feeling a bit nervous, because on the Samsung package, it says: "Read Speed up to 100MB/s Write Speed up to 60MB/s". I wonder if the Write Speed also needs to be 100MB/s. (?) They are rated: Class 10 and Speed U3. I'll find out this afternoon.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I returned my SanDisk 64GB Extreme cards and bought two of the Samsung Evo Select 64GB cards. I will try the this afternoon to report the results.

Although, now I'm feeling a bit nervous, because on the Samsung package, it says: "Read Speed up to 100MB/s Write Speed up to 60MB/s". I wonder if the Write Speed also needs to be 100MB/s. (?) They are rated: Class 10 and Speed U3. I'll find out this afternoon.

Youre confusing megabits and megabytes. 60MB/s is 5 times faster than the mavic needs.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929