DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

which one to buy

rejo

Reactions
After having a killing my mavic air, the first version ... looking at what next to buy. The mini 2 sounds great with occusync but is there something else that I should look at instead.
I liked the air but it was a few years old and there seems to be more available now.
Any suggestions ?

All is about the amount of $$$ you're prepared to spend ... & your expectations on a new craft.

Your old Mavic Air is/was a faster & more stable flyer ... but only with enhanced WiFi & not Occusync. Camera wise I think you will be satisfied with a Mini 2 though.

I would say that a Mavic Air 2 or 2s is a more comparable flyer but with a better camera than the old Air. A mini 3 will also be released in a near future ... can also be some thing to wait for & consider.

Also bear in mind that the old Air used the DJI GO4 app but all newer crafts the DJI Fly app which ... according to many used old GO4 users is much thinner regarding functionality.

Reactions: maggior
I would say go for the Air 2 (which is discounted now) or the A2S. With their heavier weight, their flight is more stable than the Mini 2 and would be more comparable to the Mavic Air 1 you used to fly.

The A2S gives you a bigger camera which will give you better low light images.

I got my Mavic Air 2 a year ago and have had a blast flying it and getting familiar with it. I kinda regret not going for the Air 2S. The Air 2S is very highly regarded and is considered a great value.

The mini 2 is a great starter drone.
The bigger ones you can see.
I have lost site of the mini it can be nerve racking.
Plus if you can afford the bigger ones go for it. Go for the better transmitter wifi is weaker more prone to interference.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
It depends how portable you want to be. Below are photos of my mini 2 inside in a Harbor Freight hard case inside my medium suitcase. Inside of the hard case is the entire fly more package plus a few sd cards and 12 volt charging plug. The case is only 9" long and 6.5" wide. I'm heading on vacation tomorrow and hopefully I'll get some drone time.tempImageKGowMm.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50