DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which one to stay with... Mavic 2 Pro or the Zoom?

vinhidalgo

Reactions
Hello guys,

I just need to make a final decision. At the beginning, I purchased the Mavic 2 Pro with filters and everything. Amazing drone, amazing footage and pics... but then I starting asking me if the Zoom was a better drone for me(what I do most is videos, of course pictures but focused on making videos and another thing Was that at that moment, filters had a problem with the camera cover) so a friend bought the Zoom but he wanted the Pro, so we swapped drones and remotes only. He payed me the $$$ difference and everything has been ok. He was happy with the Pro and I was really happy with the Zoom. Now, after 3 weeks with this one, I’m starting to miss some things of the Pro as it has better overall camera except for the Zoom features of the M2 Zoom of course. I just received some new filters for the Pro(fixed version friendly with the cover) and for the Zoom as well. My friend is willing to swap the drone as he’s in the same situation missing the Zoom.

I just want to make a final decision on which done to keep. I know the best could be to have both but I cannot afford that move right now. Maybe in the future; who knows, I could do that but not now.

So, can you guys help me make my final decision?

Now we have the Mavic 2 Enterprise(I think it’s a Zoom with some extra features) so if I want a drone to look and behave almost like the Enterprise is about to be the Zoom. I have made some personal inspections with drones in our houses and buildings but I do not work in that. I love the Zoom thing of the Zoom but specially with low light conditions the Pro is the winner for sure. I’ve been jumping thru all Mavic line up. Started with the original Pro, then the Air, then sold both and purchased the Platinum, and now this. I know the original Pro and the Zoom share the same sensor at least talking about sensor size. I don’t use the 4K normally. I use 1080 or 2.7 usually. I don’t like to disturb nature or people while flying(Zoom advantage).

I think at the end I will end(future... in a year or so?) with both aircrafts or even 3 with the Enterprise( I like those features), but now I need to just focused on which one to keep. Pro or Zoom. I have the filters for both now, with rotation features and several other accessories that could fit any of them.

Something I forgot to mention, and don’t want to edit the first part is that, the “line skipping” and all that controversy about the 1” sensor helped me out to swap the drone the first time and just after the interchange was made, a few days later, started to see videos and comparisons that the Pro was a really big winner. Maybe I should have to learn to wait a little bit longer and not decide based on what you see on YouT.

Well, don’t want to bother you guys or take more time from you. Thank you for reading and if you can give me a light, I’m open to suggestions.

Thanks again and have a great one!

• Sad
Reactions: Augustin Raj
I have the zoom after deliberating which to buy. I tent to do video, or just fly around, learning both. Very happy with the zoom hover low light use could be better. I think you both are just having buyers remorse tbh. I think the best thing is simply flip a coin then sell the bits to your friend that you don’t need. However the most important thing is stay fri3nds with your friend and agree to a) share each other’s drone if the need occurs and b) agree to fully cover any damage to the others drone whilst on loan. ... you both can have the best of both worlds.

Oh .. re the enterprise .. it’s a no brainier for me and I see no reason for you to get it either, .. plus re the line skipping / distortion etc .. that’s part why I got the zoom, plus I only edit on an iPad .. and one last thing to consider is what do you actually do with the footage you capture?? I view mine on Apple devices and share it with family .. once in a while I may find a pic worth printing .. .. perhaps best outta 3 when you flip for it

I got both, didn't bother deliberating about it as I knew it would come up eventually. I probably fly the zoom a little more than the pro though.

Reactions: Thealien
I got both, didn't bother deliberating about it as I knew it would come up eventually. I probably fly the zoom a little more than the pro though.

I bought both also, but had not planned it that way. I didn't want to pay $1500+ for the pro 2 plus accessories and batteries. I bought the zoom on the 15% off up to $100 deal on a zoom with 2 batteries and some accessories for $1399 minus $100 off for $1299. Then someone posted a brand new pro 2 sealed for sale and he offered it for less than I paid for the zoom. w could I say no? Not sure which one I've actually used more?

Is there any word on the gimbal swap service DJI spoke of some time ago? I feel that would make some buyers a little more relaxed knowing they could always change over the camera (for a fee).

So, based on pretty much what I read on this post and from someone else, I think I’ll keep the Zoom and maybe, I will get a Pro in the future if needed. Actually, we all were happy with the original Mavic Pro... so the Zoom is a upgraded version of the Original Pro.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7