DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

While in flight there is a constant focus peoblem. In focus -> out of focus repeating again and again

42_Ruben_42

Reactions
Do I send it to DJI and get it fixed or are there any other possibilities?

Problem? -- While in flight there is a constant focus peoblem. In focus -> out of focus repeating again and again

Was unit in a crash? -- Propellers hit an object and it fell about 1 meter in height so Yes a small one

What have you tried so far? -- Calibrating everything

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? -- Iphone (not the issue)

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?

What Go app version are you using? -- DJI GO 4

Any modification?
(if so what) -- Silent propellers (official DJI ones)

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) -- Nope

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) --

Reactions: mereflyer
Well, have you had the chance to switch back to "non silent", original propellers? Can you at least confirm that this it's not the problem? The first two sequences would not suggest that it is (focusing problem), but the rest of them have this weird "jello" effect in them, so... At least that could be due to propeller not being right (out of balance).

Certainly try either new original 8330 props or the MPP 8331, just to be sure but . . .
It doesn't look like gimbal jump or balance problem in the latter parts, thought it could have been in the first few shots, the shaking.

The other looks to be a camera / sensor problem, very sensitive part of the M1P.

Is that visible (just like the recording) on your device screen too ?

Hope you can get this fixed ok at a reasonable cost.

Hard to know exactly what to replace, most repairers would just replaced parts until the problem is fixed, most likely starting with the camera, but it could be part of the electronics / processing could be damaged too.

There are good youtube tutorials if you want to source a camera and replace this yourself.
Search > mavic pro camera replacement

Problem? -- While in flight there is a constant focus peoblem. In focus -> out of focus repeating again and again

Was unit in a crash? -- Propellers hit an object and it fell about 1 meter in height so Yes a small one

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? -- Iphone (not the issue)

Any modification?

Did you try recalibrating gimbal AND Icu... it helped me!

Any modification?

I can tell exactly what that is. Had the same thing happen. Your camera mount is wonky. If you look closely you will see the camera is floating via rubber band type shock mounts. If you have crashed, or landed hard or even manhandled the camera when affixing a filter or cleaning the lens, you could easily have popped off one of those bands. Real easy to fix once you have identified the problem. Usually not broken, just loose. Locate the unsecured band and pop it back into its place. And, it's wise to order a set of extra bands just in case you break one.

I can tell exactly what that is. Had the same thing happen. Your camera mount is wonky. If you look closely you will see the camera is floating via rubber band type shock mounts. If you have crashed, or landed hard or even manhandled the camera when affixing a filter or cleaning the lens, you could easily have popped off one of those bands. Real easy to fix once you have identified the problem. Usually not broken, just loose. Locate the unsecured band and pop it back into its place. And, it's wise to order a set of extra bands just in case you break one.
That would explain why the video is so “shaky” for sure!

Problem solved.... I bought the original props, they did not make a large difference.
Before sending it off I checked once more and then I found it.... There is a little platform where the gimbal attachment has to be above.... It was bellow this holder... (can be seen in Yellow).

Note: when Attaching silent propellers.... watch this video, for adjustment to prop speed:

What @allenface said: to look at the rubber bands (circled in red), is also a great Idea as I can see that they could fall off or break.

Thanks for the help Guys...

Attachments

• Drone bad.jpg
    Drone bad.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Drone correct.jpg
    Drone correct.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics