DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

White balance = terrible

thbode32

Reactions
Watching this the white balance is a desaster. This footage isn't usable. II wonder why there is not much more discussion about it. DJI must fix it. I never would buy a copter with such a bad only automatic solution.
See from 19:20

Pretty much any video you watch regarding the set up of the camera on the Mavic will tell you that you should not use the 'Auto' setting for white balance. It's straight forward stuff to set sunny or cloudy depending on the conditions you are flying in. The use of auto-exposure settings cause similar issues - especially when you are panning from a view looking away from the sun, to into the sun ...

Have a look under the video settings 'cog' icon ... There are several manual settings for WB.

WhiteBal.jpg

Reactions: thbode32
I guess it is Mavic Pro, the sample clip above and my topic was Mini....
Very sorry - I should have looked closer - Ahhhh - my bad!

Reactions: thbode32
I can't see much problem with the color balance but rather sever color washing out and loss of contrast for distant objects. Close-distance objects appear OK. Seems to be caused by haze in the area.

I guess I have to buy the xiaomi fimi ;-)
It appears to me the wonky bit of the video is when it's pointed near the sun, very close to having a lens flare, I'd guess. I wouldn't make assumptions about how the Fimi camera would handle that. I've seen quite a few comparison videos, and to my eye, the Fimi camera doesn't really measure up to its impressive specs.

Considering the modest price it's pretty good, perhaps they could include at least sunny/cloudy presets in future firmware even very basic cameras usually have that.
That would make applying a correction later much easier.

I totally agree, in my mini also, the WB constants shifts are too much noticeable. Wish Dji will add that setting in the video mode >_<

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest