DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

White Net Pattern recorded on video?

BIGBIRD

Reactions
Hi There
just came back from a night shoot and I noticed that on the footage recorded on the SD card appears at an interval between 25 to 31 frames a pattern like the one in the screen shot on a iMac screen, on other screens the pattern doesn't appear as a clear net as this but it is indeed noticeable a flash in the footage.
It is the first time I see it and I still have to test if it does the same thing if I change resolution, codec and color profile. I will update next week when I get a chance to do some testing but I was wondering if anyone has a clue about what's going on.
This are the setting of the video
4k HQ
MOV
DLOGM
H265
ISO 800/ 2.8 / shutter 1/25

Thanks for your helpScreen Shot 2019-06-22 at 22.31.52.png 2019-06-23 at 00.41.09.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi There
just came back from a night shoot and I noticed that on the footage recorded on the SD card appears at an interval between 25 to 31 frames a pattern like the one in the screen shot on a iMac screen, on other screens the pattern doesn't appear as a clear net as this but it is indeed noticeable a flash in the footage.
It is the first time I see it and I still have to test if it does the same thing if I change resolution, codec and color profile. I will update next week when I get a chance to do some testing but I was wondering if anyone has a clue about what's going on.
4k HQ
MOV
DLOGM
H265

Thanks for your helpView attachment 76053View attachment 76063

Hi There
4k HQ
MOV
DLOGM
H265

Thanks for your helpView attachment 76053View attachment 76063
Jokes aside so the top image is taken from a screen other than the iMac and the bottom image is from the iMac?

Almost looks like seeing desktop folders through the image, but I would expect that in all the images if that were the case. Wonder if an image is being interpolated due to differences in app or OS settings compared to the original shoot settings on the drone. Just a thought.

Could be block compression (lots of dark areas) mixed together with high noise (ISO 800) to appear like a net structure when darks are lifted ... ?
The conditions are seriously not good enough to expect a high quality or editable image from a 1" sensor, be it the M2P nonetheless, tbh.

Jokes aside so the top image is taken from a screen other than the iMac and the bottom image is from the iMac?
Eehe They'd be funny Aliens!! Yes the top image is a frame exported from the video and the second one is a phone picture of the screen of the imac...

Almost looks like seeing desktop folders through the image, but I would expect that in all the images if that were the case. Wonder if an image is being interpolated due to differences in app or OS settings compared to the original shoot settings on the drone. Just a thought.
MMMhh not sure about the folders on the desktop but the flashes are every 30 or so frames and are recorded on the SD card....

Could be block compression (lots of dark areas) mixed together with high noise (ISO 800) to appear like a net structure when darks are lifted ... ?
The conditions are seriously not good enough to expect a high quality or editable image from a 1" sensor, be it the M2P nonetheless, tbh.
The funny thing is that it appears only every 30 frames or so... I know compression of video file can be funny but I've never seen anything like this. Conditions are pretty bad but I normally get satisfactory results with a good de-noiser (Neat Video).
Luckily the hyperlaspses came pretty amazing...
Will test same condition on video with different settings as soon as I have a chance
Best

BB

Eehe They'd be funny Aliens!! Yes the top image is a frame exported from the video and the second one is a phone picture of the screen of the imac...
Ok here’s what I am thinking. I think this might have to do with H.265. I know from experience that MacOS uses a different codec then DJI and sometimes this leads to playback issues.

There was a trick I seem to remember but it might not have been for this issue but try changing the file extension to .mp4, like literally rename the file and change the extension and see if that works. If not try .m4v

Reactions: Thomas B
Or even.mov
Ok here’s what I am thinking. I think this might have to do with H.265. I know from experience that MacOS uses a different codec then DJI and sometimes this leads to playback issues.

There was a trick I seem to remember but it might not have been for this issue but try changing the file extension to .mp4, like literally rename the file and change the extension and see if that works. If not try .m4v
Or even .mov
If you also save as RAW flexibility increases.

He said it’s already .mov. RAW? Haven’t heard that one. What’s the raw extension?
Extension is .DNG
Files are huge, but that makes post easier. There is a preference on the M2 which wil have it save both. Of course that’s for stills, but could allow salvage of something from all the work.

Extension is .DNG
Files are huge, but that makes post easier. There is a preference on the M2 which wil have it save both. Of course that’s for stills, but could allow salvage of something from all the work.
I believe the op is talking about video though. There is such a thing as cinemaDNG and ProRes RAW but I don’t think you can transcode into those codecs from something else.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54