DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

White out on Mavic Pro Platinum

AnxiousViking

Reactions
Hi guys. I am having real trouble with flare out on my Pro Platinum. Was filming the other day in moderate sunshine and my subject just kept flaring out white. Any help in fixing this much appreciated! ?

Have you got the “overexposed” setting turned on in the Go4 app.

The over exposure setting will give you a zebra look to your screen. But you could be right about adjust the the wheel.

When I fly, I’ve always have to adjust the exposure before takeoff, it depends how I had it set the last time I was taking photos. My screen is normally washed out until I adjust the settings?

Another thing you can do is point your Mavic at the area that is most bright and manually expose for that area using the right thumb wheel on the Remote Controller. Then when you fly around and into that area it will be properly exposed. If you expose for a darker area of the surrounding area then when you fly into the area with more light it will become over exposed and "flare out" as you put it.

Last edited:
• Make sure your lens and filters are clean
• Use the histogram to gauge exposure
• Use a sun shade on your MPP

You can also turn on the overexposure warning to put "zebra stripes" in the overexposed areas but I find that too distracting.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98