DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

White vs Black goggles ( not racist :p)

JeffPerkins

Reactions
In the market for either. Only need them for exploring near and very far up to 3 miles on clear landscape. Any benefits in dumping more cash for the blacks? From what I gathered it had 50ms latency compared to 110 for the whites? Is that for the ocusync latency or the 2.4 and 5.4 thx band? Also heard you can replay footage back only on the blacks? Is that true? Any other worth while perks in buying black? I have a mavic zoom.

Any input? Also if anybody that knows about the specs I would really love a good answer on the latency on both. Are both 110ms through ocusync and the RE 50ms on the other bands?

Last edited:
I have the RE version and they are perfect for my needs. With those and the air system kit it’s a standalone that works with my other flying aircrafts. I have a 4 meters wingspan scale glider where this is a perfect accessorie for flying fpv.

I have the RE version and they are perfect for my needs. With those and the air system kit it’s a standalone that works with my other flying aircrafts. I have a 4 meters wingspan scale glider where this is a perfect accessorie for flying fpv.
He won’t know what the RE are, obviously. He would have put more thought into the title if he did.

Viking, no idea about the latency question? I'm aware it Racing Edition and designed with a low latency of about 50ms, but it doesn't specify if it's the 2.4/5.8ghz only or is the ocusync included? That might be the deal breaker for me.

Last edited:
I havn’t noticed any latency worth to mention. And if so it doesn’t disturb me because I usually fly with the safety on my side.

Reactions: Madmax229
I havn’t noticed any latency worth to mention. And if so it doesn’t disturb me because I usually fly with the safety on my side.
Ahh Ok. I personally can notice between 110ms and 50ms. It's why I ask. Can't seem to find a clear answer anywhere. I'm suspection the 50ms is for the 2.4 and 5.8ghz bands only and ocusync is like the white Google's 110ms.

If anyone else can confirm this, please do.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser