DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who flew Mavic Pro on WhiteFace Mountain Castle Cafe on July 4?

sharkhunter

Reactions
I was there on Whiteface mountain castle cafe and saw two mavic pros soaring up in the sky. It was fun the watch. After a few minutes of taking personal pics around with family, I couldnt find their pilots. Upon inquiring around i was told that the security stepped in and to confiscated the drones, since its a no-fly zone.

Reactions: Davee123
Reactions: TinPusherMYR
Hi,

Wasn't me but I live in Wilton, NY and planned to fly on the Memorial HWY up to Whiteface. I saw the sign saying "no drone flying per NYS law". So I didn't but I did contact the DEC upon my return home and they replied back with the following:

"From Scott McDonnell, Department Aviation Coordinator, Research Scientist, NYS DEC. For recreational/commercial use, drones are prohibited from launching/landing on Wilderness, Primitive, Canoe and/or Primitive Bicycle Corridors in the Forest Preserve. The existing regulation for "motorized equipment" is currently the only regulation in place that prohibits drone use in the above mentioned areas.

DEC does not have a regulation that prohibits use on Whiteface but Whiteface Ski Management does have a prohibition on drone use."

As the Memorial Hwy is a state hwy and not part of the resort, there should be no problem flying. Unfortunately I didn't go back before the fall closing of the hwy so I wasn't able to talk to the people at the gate about this but basically they are in error posting no drone flying.

Randall

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest