DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who Has Actually Claimed on DJI Care Refresh? Was It Hard?

thefrisbee995

Reactions
Just ordered myself a Mini 2 (+Fly More Combo)... I'm tempted with the DJI care refresh plan they have, however, I have had companies wriggle out of paying out or replacing products with such schemes before. I'm wondering who here can share their experience with DJI care refresh after a crash? Were they hesitant to process a claim? Was it drawn our or in any way negative? It's much cheaper than insurance by the look of things but any money spent is wasted money if it is worthless.

Thanks in advance!

I have. It was a very quick, painless process...did it all online and had the replacement in a couple of days (I'm only a state away from where it shipped from). Don't forget that it processes after you pay the associated fee.

I have. It was a very quick, painless process...did it all online and had the replacement in a couple of days (I'm only a state away from where it shipped from). Don't forget that it processes after you pay the associated fee.
Excellent, thanks. Apparently I have 2 days to buy after I activate the drone. Defo thinking I'll have to get onto DJI and make the purchase quick!

Just ordered myself a Mini 2 (+Fly More Combo)... I'm tempted with the DJI care refresh plan they have, however, I have had companies wriggle out of paying out or replacing products with such schemes before. I'm wondering who here can share their experience with DJI care refresh after a crash? Were they hesitant to process a claim? Was it drawn our or in any way negative? It's much cheaper than insurance by the look of things but any money spent is wasted money if it is worthless.

Thanks in advance!
The Refresh program works like magic but you have to be able to send the drone back. if you loose it flying over the water , the refresh is worthless. Consider getting a Rescue Jacket if your planning on flying over the water if your a beginner. Those forced landings can get the best of us. :oops:

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic Air 2 in the Rain and Float on Water.

The Refresh program works like magic but you have to be able to send the drone back. if you loose it flying over the water , the refresh is worthless. Consider getting a Rescue Jacket if your planning on flying over the water if your a beginner. Those forced landings can get the best of us. :oops:

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic Air 2 in the Rain and Float on Water.
Thanks. Will the Mavic Mini product you sell fit the Mini 2?

Thanks in advance!
I personally wouldn’t bother. My Mavic dropped out the sky randomly into a lake and even with flight logs they deemed it pilot error ??‍♂️. The customer service that I received wasn’t very good at all.

• Angry
Reactions: thefrisbee995
I personally wouldn’t bother. My Mavic dropped out the sky randomly into a lake and even with flight logs they deemed it pilot error ??‍♂️. The customer service that I received wasn’t very good at all.
There is a big difference between a factory warranty and what it implies and the care refresh program that is being discussed. Care refresh doesn't care about pilot error either real or perceived. It is above and beyond the factory side of things...merely insurance. You only have to have the drone to send in and they never waive that, that I have seen.

Reactions: thefrisbee995
Yes every Lake has a Bermuda sky patch where drones fall from the sky, there is not doubt in my mind based on the number of Random dropping from the sky into the lake, :) Birds play a huge role in the Random as well , either way the Refresh Program clearly states if you loose it in the water there is nothing they can do. It makes sense otherwise we could all put our drones in the closet and say it sank and get another drone there has to be some accountability for the Pilots even if it was not Pilot error such as in your case. .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Float on Water.

Yes every Lake has a Bermuda sky patch where drones fall from the sky, there is not doubt in my mind based on the number of Random dropping from the sky into the lake, :) Birds play a huge role in the Random as well , either way the Refresh Program clearly states if you loose it in the water there is nothing they can do. It makes sense otherwise we could all put our drones in the closet and say it sank and get another drone there has to be some accountability for the Pilots even if it was not Pilot error such as in your case. .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Float on Water.
I get that , but they had all evidence to suggest a drone error.

DJI also have the power to lock drones if they become lost / stolen to prevent fraudulent claims.

I just think there are better insurance companies out there that cover loss of drone also and for less money.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
i claimed on original mavic pro, had a flyaway,partly my fault i think-eg flew round a church when knew battery was low, pressed return to home even tho it only 20 feet away and 10foot up,simulataniously battery v.low warning came on and it rose 50 foot to return home (forgot to reset home pos to current pos b4 took off,so tried go 30 miles away)...by time given up trying get it ignore rth and realised i wasnt going be able over ride rth i lost sight of it in sun,had no visual on remote either,and lost it...dji asked me for flight logs,what i did,how tried get it back etc etc,2 weeks later new mavic pro in post which i had to sell as already bought a new one lol

Edit: the spam that was posted was removed so I just changed my post regarding it.
Carry on Thumbswayup

Last edited:
I used Care Refresh for my MA2 on Sept 17. I had problems filing my own claim on the dji website, and found no help, contact info, etc. I did find an independent repair shop on the dji site (for out of warranty repairs, I think), and I called them. They gave me a direct number for dji, 818-235-0789. That got me right to Care Refresh, and a rep there led me the online process. One screen came up entirely (really) in Chinese, and she walked me thru it. So I paid my $69. They emailed me a shipping label, I sent just the drone body (they told me I could also send a battery and get a new battery, but I didn't). They sent me a totally new body the same day they received my return. I am completely satisfied.

I put in a claim for my M2Z when I accidentally backed over my FMK with my car. They replaced it, no problem. They even replaced my remote for the $2 part cost of the broken antenna.

My only gripe was that I wanted to go with the option to repair rather than replace since it was early in the Refresh period. The quote details suggested repair, but bottom line total was for replacement. No indication on how to select repair over replacement.

You always need to return the AC for a refresh. The issue about losing it in a body of water is a question of pilot error or warrantied malfunction. Lots of times the logs from the mobile device is inconclusive. This is when they may compromise with a discount on the AC only.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest