DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who has has the guts to take it to the max.

Howcroft22

Reactions
It was supposed to say who had HAD the guts. Anyways, Curious how many guys on here have had the guts to Purposely try the failsafe and fly you MP far enough out of range of the controller to where it automatically goes into RTH. I haven’t yet. Every time I see the “ signal weak” warning come on I always jump into survival, mode and turn around and bump up the altitude.

Reactions: Mr. Moe and garrion
I have a lot of interference where I live so it doesn't take that much for the remote to lose signal and return home.

I get usually around 4000 feet around here in MA. Today I flew over a pond and got over mile for the first time. Somewhere over 6000 feet and I saw the weak signal and turned around. But I was excited to see that distance. It was over 90% cloud cover. I don’t know if that helped with the signal. I know with CB radio it can greatly help with the right conditions. You go go from hearing a few miles, to hearing across multiple states when it’s overcast.

Took it out in some open fields in Oregon with no interference, went out a little over 19000 one way and made it back with 2% battery life left. It tried to force land several times but I had it at about 30 or 40 feet and basically hobbled it back to the dry road I was standing on. I pretty much had to change my underwear after that. It was a rush. I had flown this route several times so I had a lot of confidence going into the flight. Initially went out 15000ft and returned with battery, so naturally I went back to push the limits. I feel satisfied now! Ha! this thing is very capable when there is no interference. Just wanted to prove it to myself. Thank goodness it was a good result [emoji120]

Took it out in some open fields in Oregon with no interference, went out a little over 19000 one way and made it back with 2% battery life left. It tried to force land several times but I had it at about 30 or 40 feet and basically hobbled it back to the dry road I was standing on. I pretty much had to change my underwear after that. It was a rush. I had flown this route several times so I had a lot of confidence going into the flight. Initially went out 15000ft and returned with battery, so naturally I went back to push the limits. I feel satisfied now! Ha! this thing is very capable when there is no interference. Just wanted to prove it to myself. Thank goodness it was a good result [emoji120]

Wow. That’s awesome. So I suppose out in those fields where you are you can’t go out to where it loses signal because you would t make it back. Unless you flu a landing spot half way back somewhere

Yeah pretty much. There is a road that runs parallel to the fields so possibly in the future I might push it again. Ha! I live in a city and can get about a mile out one way before video starts pixelating and signal loss occurs, so I wanted to take it out where there was absolutely nothing. And it did awesome.

I've been out 5km one way but never seems to trigger my rth. I only lost 1 bar of signal at 5km actually testing the battery and different speeds to see what's the most efficient. 25km/h is defiantly the most battery efficient. Mavic pro by the way. My vision plus Modded always hit rth at about 4-5km.

done it with both my Spark and Mavic. Spark around ~1km (I actually wanted to test the range). Mavic >2km. The place where I fly has a fair bit of interference, so not hard for it to lose connection to RC. The only way to test max range for any location is for it to lose connection to RC. ;)

Happened to me multiple times. It does what it supposed to do, by default its RTH (although, i've only let it fly in RTH mode until yhe connection is restore), you can configure it to hover instead (works, obviously requires you to get closer in order to regain control), or land (never tested, seems pointless to me).

Reactions: Howcroft22
With my first Mavic I pushed it as much as I could and RTH worked every time it lost signal. Always manually flew back when signal was restored.

Lost/crash-landed the Mavic while doing this. Learned a few lessons there!

With my first Mavic I pushed it as much as I could and RTH worked every time it lost signal. Always manually flew back when signal was restored.

Lost/crash-landed the Mavic while doing this. Learned a few lessons there!
Youser you say "every time" and "always" but you lost the mavic so perhaps not EVERY time eh? And "always until the last time"?! If it fails one in 20 we need to know

I live in town in a hilly suburb and one morning flew it over to my partners place 2 kilometres away. I sent it on it's way at about 50 metres high, and when I got to her place the poor signal warning came up as I was descending, got down to about 20 metres and lost all contact..............Talk about Panic!!. I moved the antenna's around and nothing, moved up and down the yard, nothing, was just about to jump in the car and drive around as I kind of new it was hovering over her yard, then got my signal back, and it came back home. Not doing that again.LOL

It was supposed to say who had HAD the guts. Anyways, Curious how many guys on here have had the guts to Purposely try the failsafe and fly you MP far enough out of range of the controller to where it automatically goes into RTH. I haven’t yet. Every time I see the “ signal weak” warning come on I always jump into survival, mode and turn around and bump up the altitude.
Just stay there in the States and do your crazy stunts and do not come to Aus and have our country shut down as it is over there

I have flown mine out almost 4 miles and lost signal. I have let it RTH on its own a time or two.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato