DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who is Completely Droned?

Flying was good - beautiful area. The video messed with my eyes. It looked to 'fish-eye' to me.

Reactions: HighlandsVideo
Flying was good - beautiful area. The video messed with my eyes. It looked to 'fish-eye' to me.

I have an AirPro, which is a poor man's GoPro, and it definitely has a fish eye lens. I'm pretty sure that a wide angle lens is what GoPro uses as well. Sport cameras like these are intended to capture as much of a scene as possible, and you don't get that without a fish eye effect.

This pilot mounted a GoPro on top of an Air 2S, that FPV is in
Cool video - yet WHY use a GoPro when he has a great camera on his Air 2S? Think a video from the drone itself would have been far better - but that is my opine. With the GoPro - it's set it before fly and no changes can be made. Yet, using the drones great camera - if they had wanted to use a little zoom - no problem; but no can do with the GoPro.

Cool video - yet WHY use a GoPro when he has a great camera on his Air 2S? Think a video from the drone itself would have been far better - but that is my opine. With the GoPro - it's set it before fly and no changes can be made. Yet, using the drones great camera - if they had wanted to use a little zoom - no problem; but no can do with the GoPro.

Maybe he just wanted to try it, but in addition I suspect that because of the wide angle lens in the GoPro the video might be smoother in the turns than for the drone camera. And of course, the wide angle lens in the GoPro captures more of the scene than the drone camera would.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Hey @tlswift58 ...good question.....I left a comment on the video asking if he posted any details about it on any forums...we will see if he answers....but if we don't hear from him.....it is easy to conclude that he was "just fooling around with it" and experimenting

That is really cool. Cool to see the props in some of the shots. I agree with others that the fisheye effect of the GoPro is a bit disorienting. The effect of feeling like you are flying and banking the turns is really cool.

I wonder if this would be as dramatic if it was filmed with the A2S camera in FPV mode, which keeps it level relative to the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty