DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who is wishing a fully integrated rc?

Do you wish an optional fully integrated rc for the mavic pro?

• Yes

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • No opinion

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bergumbira

Reactions
Because an other thread I started dreaming about a fully integrated rc with hd screen, sd card or built-in memory where is no need a smartphone. I would like this come even for the current mavic as an optional upgrade accessory ..

Last edited:
Reactions: BigEegit
As an 'optional upgrade' it would be a good idea.

No... mine IS "fully integrated" by the fact I use a phone just for that... BUT I still have control of what apps I put on it.

DJI's own "fully integrated" things always run just the GO app and nothing else. So no litchi, no H360,...

I would like this come even for the current mavic as an optional upgrade accessory ..

Already there, that's what Crystalsky is.

Yes! That would be great! I'd want it to be ergonomic. I had the Typhoon H and it's RC was like holding a thick computer keyboard.

I certainly would like to break the tether of having to attach a phone. It would increase deployment time.

No... mine IS "fully integrated" by the fact I use a phone just for that... BUT I still have control of what apps I put on it.

DJI's own "fully integrated" things always run just the GO app and nothing else. So no litchi, no H360,...

Already there, that's what Crystalsky is.

Not only that but you will be limited to one screen size, quality and resolution. I love the fact that I can chuck in a bigger screen or upgrade my device for faster response.

Maybe offer it as an option for those that want it (similar to those that want CrystalSky I guess).

But also allow for users to add their own apps should they wish.

I guess there could be numerous possibilities for an Uber remote with CrystalSky integrated

I'm also guessing this is why they haven't done it at this point. Price point and limitations of apps would vastly reduce their target audience.

Benefits:

App reliability
Neater cleaner design.
Easier to setup.

Negatives:

Lack of choices.
Limited software choices.
Limited usage / versatility of display.
No cheap or easy upgrade paths for the screen.
Increased possible failure to whole RC.

Given those choices I would not buy one but I guess some people would just for the cleaner integrated design.

Rob

Reactions: WolfgangStiller
Yeah, I can see the point of the cons, those using Litchi or 360 and others. I can understand. On my side I will never use such outside app.

An optional RC with HD screen, e.g. by integrating the Mavioc controller with a CrystalSky monitor would be a good idea, as the GO4 app stability is quite bad on smartphones and the connection cable is a quite weak point, too. This would also shorten the time from unpacking the Mavic from the carrying bag until it is airborne.

I'll pass...IMO it would take away from the portability of the Mavic

It would be nice if the controller itself had on board GPS.....
I agree, when I say fully integrated means for sure all what is needed is inside such as a large capacity memory, GPS, HD ultra bright screen, eventually folding hood...

I would want the on board GPS chipset just to be able to have a "solid operator as new homepoint" feature, if you are flying/capturing while moving. It would "always" go to the controller itself, if so selected.

No for me. I always carry my phone so a bigger RC would be just more weight.

Reactions: Flycaster
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser