DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who just flew their Mavic over my Brooklyn neighborhood?

Just got into town in NY. Saw the DJI store in Times Square but it was closed- super excited to see that. I'm trying to scope out places I can fly while here. Heading out on cruise on Wednesday. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Didn't mean to hijack but saw opportunity.

Wasn't me but keep a lookout lol.

I was flying down by Brooklyn Bridge Park last week. Was packing up to leave and I saw another Mavic flying overhead. Couldn't find the pilot though.

I was flying down by Brooklyn Bridge Park last week. Was packing up to leave and I saw another Mavic flying overhead. Couldn't find the pilot though.

I'd love to get a connect with a rooftop to fly downtown. Something about taking off from the ground down there screams issues lol.

Reactions: InterstateP
I'd love to get a connect with a rooftop to fly downtown. Something about taking off from the ground down there screams issues lol.

I was there at sunrise and nobody was around. I was also there around sunset and nobody bothered me. I have a few cop buddies and they said they see people flying drones all the time but never bother them.

I was there at sunrise and nobody was around. I was also there around sunset and nobody bothered me. I have a few cop buddies and they said they see people flying drones all the time but never bother them.

That video was hot though man, Guess i'll have to do a early morning flight if that's the caseThumbswayup

Reactions: cam36
It was me! I'm sitting in my home in England after just fitting a super battery - just so's I can fly over idiots like you in the USA. Grow up and start living WITH people and not against them.
What ya gonna do about it?

Reactions: newguy

I know some hotels will let you do rooftop proposals. You think if you'd ask they would let you have a few minutes to get a few good shots of NYC?

There seems to be SO much low flying air traffic over the Hudson and East Rivers. Between the private and charter helicopters all over the place, police choppers, and news channel choppers, there's hardly a clear sky at any time. Do you think it's a good idea to be out there with a drone? Not trying to be the "drone police", but it seems like that would be a definite common sense no fly zone to me...

There seems to be SO much low flying air traffic over the Hudson and East Rivers. Between the private and charter helicopters all over the place, police choppers, and news channel choppers, there's hardly a clear sky at any time. Do you think it's a good idea to be out there with a drone? Not trying to be the "drone police", but it seems like that would be a definite common sense no fly zone to me...

I am also a private pilot, who flew in Hudson river's SFR a number of times. You are spot on. Do not go over water. Helicopters do not have altitude restrictions, and some planes will fly low (under 1000 feet) if they are not transiting. The airspace is very crowded. I had helicopters hold at times, waiting for me to pass, almost like a car at a stop sign.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocko42