DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who wants to extend DJI Care Refresh coverage for additional years?

Who would want to extend DJI Care Refresh for additional years?

• Total voters

thumperer

Reactions
I want DJI to offer a way to extend the Care Refresh "crash insurance" for longer than 1 year after purchase. Does anyone else?

I havent crashed my drone, and have no plans to :) but I sure love this backup plan in case of some surprise!

Reactions: Studoo
I'm cool with extending it 2+ years

Why not just get a State Farm policy ?
I do have SF for all my DJI platforms, but I would prefer to submit a claim to DJI Refresh rather than my SF. I would hate to see my Auto & Homeowner rates increase , just because I turned in a claim for a broken $800 drone.

Would be nice but not much chance of it happening.

After a year it's out of warranty and higher chance of mechanical failure. They would have to provide additional 12 month warranty along with the accidental cover. Imagine being denied a replacement because the drone was faulty and fell out sky.

DJI have no doubt looked at MTTF and concluded it wouldn't be economically viable for them or consumer to extend coverage.

Reactions: Anthony Viscomi
I do have SF for all my DJI platforms, but I would prefer to submit a claim to DJI Refresh rather than my SF. I would hate to see my Auto & Homeowner rates increase , just because I turned in a claim for a broken $800 drone.

I see I guess that makes sense if you have State Farm for the rest of your insurance needs or your insurance score is so close to where it would be affected by a claim. I for one do not have SF for my home auto personal insurance and my regular guy said that a claim wouldn’t put me close to affecting my regular coverage so it’s a no brainer for me. Everyone’s situation is unique.

On the 2 year thing not being financially advantageous for DJI an excellent example is AppleCare + covers new devices for 2 years and I would argue with anyone that Apple is loosing money on this deal.

I see I guess that makes sense if you have State Farm for the rest of your insurance needs or your insurance score is so close to where it would be affected by a claim. I for one do not have SF for my home auto personal insurance and my regular guy said that a claim wouldn’t put me close to affecting my regular coverage so it’s a no brainer for me. Everyone’s situation is unique.

On the 2 year thing not being financially advantageous for DJI an excellent example is AppleCare + covers new devices for 2 years and I would argue with anyone that Apple is loosing money on this deal.
Apple don't lose any money as AppleCare+ is an insurance product and underwritten by an insurance company.

Phones have a much higher MTTF (mean time to failure) as no moving parts like motors or parts under mechanical stress. Also failure of one component does not result in destruction of device.

I'd love to see refresh extended, just can't see DJI guaranteeing their product for 24months.

It suits them if you crash after 12 months and shell out for a new one or the next upgrade.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S